Old February 24th 18, 02:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

In article >,
alan_m > wrote:
> On 24/02/2018 12:01, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> > How do we get the energy and food needed
> > in? Let alone everything else we don't make.

> Exactly in the same way as we do now. Do you really believe French,
> Dutch and Spanish farmers etc. are not going sell us their tasteless
> fruit and vegetables. Do you think we will be unable to buy gas from
> Russia or washing machines from Turkey or TVs from Korea when we leave
> the EU? Do you think that all that food you currently see in every
> supermarket from 101 different countries outside the EU is suddenly
> going to rot waiting for months in a customs sheds?

Ah - right. Of course we will be able to buy things from anywhere and with
some food cheaper than the EU.

What you haven't answered is just how we pay for these imports. Which is
the $64k question.

At the moment the majority of the UK's income is from financial etc
services. Not selling Jaguars or whatever. Many such financial operations
base themselves here because of access to the EU. And are high wage
operations. With many nationalities working in them. Several very
attractive places to live in Europe would just love to have them re-locate
there.

--
*I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.