Old February 24th 18, 04:01 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
alan_m

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> In article >,
> alan_m > wrote:
>> On 24/02/2018 12:01, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>>> How do we get the energy and food needed
>>> in? Let alone everything else we don't make.

>> Exactly in the same way as we do now. Do you really believe French,
>> Dutch and Spanish farmers etc. are not going sell us their tasteless
>> fruit and vegetables. Do you think we will be unable to buy gas from
>> Russia or washing machines from Turkey or TVs from Korea when we leave
>> the EU? Do you think that all that food you currently see in every
>> supermarket from 101 different countries outside the EU is suddenly
>> going to rot waiting for months in a customs sheds?

> Ah - right. Of course we will be able to buy things from anywhere and with
> some food cheaper than the EU.
>
> What you haven't answered is just how we pay for these imports. Which is
> the $64k question.
>
> At the moment the majority of the UK's income is from financial etc
> services. Not selling Jaguars or whatever. Many such financial operations
> base themselves here because of access to the EU. And are high wage
> operations. With many nationalities working in them. Several very
> attractive places to live in Europe would just love to have them re-locate
> there.

Do you mean the same financial services the cost of which to bail them
out will be paid for by your children's children?
Do you mean the same financial services that illegally fiddled the rates
so that mortgages in the UK were more expensive?
Do you mean the same financial services that have been fined billions by
the US, UK and European regulators?
Do you mean the same financial services that are so well run that a lack
of due diligence has resulted in foreign bank/investment acquisitions
making massive losses?
Do you mean that the same financial services that caused many viable
small UK companies to go to the wall so that they could be asset stripped?
Do you mean the same financial services that constructed worthless
investments that no insider trader would touch with a barge pole?
Do you mean that same financial services that have written off billions
for mis-selling PPI?
Do you mean the same financial services where loyalty to them is
rewarded with high charges than for disloyal or new customers?

Again not as simple as in or out of the EU......

Many of these companies are more likely to go to new York or the far
East rather than migrating to the rest of Europe.

The credibility of financial services in the Euro zone may take a big
hit if a few basket case EU countries start defaulting on their loans. A
lot of Euro zone financial problems have be swept under the carpet to
resurface in a few year's time.

In a few years time, or perhaps even today, with modern technology it
will not matter where in the world you sit to run a financial service.