How to keep sound on when backing up.

Old May 15th 19, 05:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Sanity Clause[_3_]

Default How to keep sound on when backing up.

Rod Speed wrote:

>> micky wrote:
>>> According to some newspaper article online, back up cameras have
>>> cut by only 10 percent (in cars that have them) the number of
>>> times someone backs into a person.

>> I imagine those 10% are happy about it.

> Specially the ones that have avoided killing their little kids
> who have been run over like that. I actually know one person who
> managed to do that.

I would also imagine that if the radio volume was to automatically
reduce to below bleeding-ears level when backing up, the driver would
most likely be able to hear little Suzie screaming "DADDY, STOP!!!!".
Old May 15th 19, 06:26 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed[_1_]

"Sanity Clause" > wrote in message
> Rod Speed wrote:

>>> I imagine those 10% are happy about it.

>> Specially the ones that have avoided killing their little kids
>> who have been run over like that. I actually know one person who
>> managed to do that.

> I would also imagine that if the radio volume was to automatically reduce
> to below bleeding-ears level when backing up, the driver would most likely
> be able to hear little Suzie screaming "DADDY, STOP!!!!".

Yeah spose so.

Old May 15th 19, 08:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Steve W.[_6_]

micky wrote:
> The 2019 Honda with the touchscreen that I am renting turns off the
> radio/flashdrive/bluetooth sound whenever I back up. Is t here a way to
> stop that.
>
> If something important is on the radio, I have to park until it is over
> before I back up or find some place where I can make a U-turn. It's
> ridiculous.
>
> The key to my Mazda 2 was stolen, so the rentacar company gave me a 2019
> Honda.
>
> This one has a backup camera, which turns off the sound whenever I back
> up. It doesn't make it easier to back up, and the other car I once
> drove didn't do that.
>
> If it matters, I'll get the model (which is not displayed in the car.
> Apparently it's a secret, but maybe it's on the outside), but the car is
> outside (I didn't bring it in with me) so maybe the model doesn't
> matter.

Part of the Honda Distracted Driver Safety System. Unless you can access
the developer menu in the system using a scan tool and dealer code it
cannot be turned off.
Old May 15th 19, 08:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Peeler[_2_]

On Wed, 15 May 2019 15:26:00 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

>> I would also imagine that if the radio volume was to automatically reduce
>> to below bleeding-ears level when backing up, the driver would most likely
>> be able to hear little Suzie screaming "DADDY, STOP!!!!".

> Yeah spose so.

You obviously also spose that you don't have to change your nym yet with
that one, you 85-year-old trolling senile asshole! <tsk>

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID: >
Old May 15th 19, 10:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Biff Tannen

On 5/14/19 3:55 PM, micky wrote:
> According to some newspaper article online, back up cameras have cut by
> only 10 percent (in cars that have them) the number of times someone
> backs into a person.

Most people are too stupid to use a turn signal.Â* You expect them to use a back up camera?

Old May 15th 19, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

In rec.autos.tech, on Tue, 14 May 2019 22:53:44 -0400, Meanie
> wrote:

>On 5/14/2019 3:44 PM, micky wrote:
>> In rec.autos.tech, on Tue, 14 May 2019 13:51:10 -0400, Meanie
>> > wrote:

>>> Do you drive backwards? What's the amount of time you back up...? 15, 30
>>> seconds tops? You're seriously concerned about something important on
>>> the radio you need to stop for 30 seconds of backing up?

>> Do you ever listen to a serious discussion show, or anything other than
>> music? The loss of 20 seconds can distort or cloud everything the
>> person says.
>>>
>>> I'd hate to see you when a real crisis arises.

>> Don't be silly.

What's silly is thinking that because I want to solve a small problem, I
wouldn't want to solve (and be good at solving) big problems. It works
the opposite way. People who let themselves be thumped by little
problems also get thumped by big ones.

>LMAO! You're concerned about 20 second segment you "may" miss due to

I know darn well that every time I had to go in reverse since I've had
this car (7 days) I've missed what the speaker was saying. Five times
a day at least, and when exploring back woods and desert roads with dead
ends and move civilized places with parking spots more like 15 or 20
times a day. If I owned the car for 5 years, just using 5 times a day,
that's 9000 times.

I guess when life gives you problems and inconveniences, you just let
life push you around. I don't. I like to make my life better. But you
can just suck it up if you want.

Old May 15th 19, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

In rec.autos.tech, on Tue, 14 May 2019 21:45:48 -0700, Sanity Clause
> wrote:

>Rod Speed wrote:

>>> I imagine those 10% are happy about it.

>> Specially the ones that have avoided killing their little kids
>> who have been run over like that. I actually know one person who
>> managed to do that.

>I would also imagine that if the radio volume was to automatically
>reduce to below bleeding-ears level when backing up, the driver would
>most likely be able to hear little Suzie screaming "DADDY, STOP!!!!".

That's a good point, and if there had been any small children around in
the tens of 1000's of times I've backed up over the last decade, for
example, it would apply to me. But there haven't been.
Old May 15th 19, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

In rec.autos.tech, on Wed, 15 May 2019 03:24:22 -0400, "Steve W."
> wrote:

>micky wrote:
>> The 2019 Honda with the touchscreen that I am renting turns off the
>> radio/flashdrive/bluetooth sound whenever I back up. Is t here a way to
>> stop that.
>>
>> If something important is on the radio, I have to park until it is over
>> before I back up or find some place where I can make a U-turn. It's
>> ridiculous.
>>
>> The key to my Mazda 2 was stolen, so the rentacar company gave me a 2019
>> Honda.
>>
>> This one has a backup camera, which turns off the sound whenever I back
>> up. It doesn't make it easier to back up, and the other car I once
>> drove didn't do that.
>>
>> If it matters, I'll get the model (which is not displayed in the car.
>> Apparently it's a secret, but maybe it's on the outside), but the car is
>> outside (I didn't bring it in with me) so maybe the model doesn't
>> matter.

>Part of the Honda Distracted Driver Safety System. Unless you can access
>the developer menu in the system using a scan tool and dealer code it
>cannot be turned off.

Well I can't on a rental car, or while traveling. Oh well, it was worth
asking. But if Toyota has anything like it, I do have the ability to
set those hidden settings.

After a bunch of work, I got it to work on my car at home, but it's a
2005 and it had very few settings, none of which I wanted to change.
Mostly things about combustion iirc that I'd be afraid to change. The
same software applies maybe to 2019 and beyond. OTOH, Toyota has
stopped making even moderate sized convertibles, which is part of why I
got a 2005 and not newer. Next car might be a Mazda Miata or Chrysler
300.
Old May 15th 19, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
nospam[_4_]

In article >, micky
> wrote:

> >> Specially the ones that have avoided killing their little kids
> >> who have been run over like that. I actually know one person who
> >> managed to do that.

> >I would also imagine that if the radio volume was to automatically
> >reduce to below bleeding-ears level when backing up, the driver would
> >most likely be able to hear little Suzie screaming "DADDY, STOP!!!!".

> That's a good point, and if there had been any small children around in
> the tens of 1000's of times I've backed up over the last decade, for
> example, it would apply to me. But there haven't been.

that's because when anyone sees you driving, be it children or adults,
they get the hell away.
Old May 15th 19, 07:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Neill Massello

micky > wrote:

> The 2019 Honda with the touchscreen that I am renting turns off the
> radio/flashdrive/bluetooth sound whenever I back up. Is t here a way to
> stop that.

You are information-adicted. Seek help -- but preferably not on the
Internet.

grabbing when backing up [email protected] Technology 2 October 12th 06 01:40 AM
RFactor: F1 1979 Sound Update - No Engine Sound! BRH Simulators 4 September 7th 06 10:58 PM
Backing Up GPL to DVD BRH Simulators 4 August 15th 06 02:00 AM
Trim backing Jonny VW water cooled 0 August 6th 06 01:37 AM
01 GLX Carbio - popping sound while turning and backing after new rack, tie rods and ends cstoddard VW water cooled 2 November 5th 05 07:45 AM