95 Neon: transmission gasket

Old November 28th 06, 01:03 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Leeinwind

Default 95 Neon: transmission gasket

My car is Plymouth Neon Sports 95. I exchange the transmission filter and
fluid. However, I found the pan gasket doesn't fit the transmission pan
very much. I compared it to the old one. They have the same shape. The
filter set "FRAM TF 113" was purchased from Autozone. Now my transaxle
fluid has a little leakage. Does anyone know why the gasket doesn't have
the same shape as the pan? Is it the reason that causes the leakage.
Thank
you very much in advance.

Old November 28th 06, 04:05 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:03:08 -0500, Leeinwind wrote:

> My car is Plymouth Neon Sports 95. I exchange the transmission filter and
> fluid. However, I found the pan gasket doesn't fit the transmission pan
> very much. I compared it to the old one. They have the same shape. The
> filter set "FRAM TF 113" was purchased from Autozone. Now my transaxle
> fluid has a little leakage. Does anyone know why the gasket doesn't have
> the same shape as the pan? Is it the reason that causes the leakage.
> Thank
> you very much in advance.

Some of the best stuff I have seen is Toyota FIPG (Form-in-place Gasket).
It's a tube available from Toyota. If you haven't got the right gasket,
use this.

What I do when I'm mating a new gasket is to place the gasket on the pan
and stick some of the bolts into it to make sure it is the same
size/shape. If it is, I install it. If not, back to the Parts Store!

Did you use ANY 'goop' at all? For the tranny pan, you should have used
the Blue stuff.
Old November 28th 06, 04:01 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Leeinwind

Thank you very much for your kind advice. The thing is all the gasket that
autozone has for my car is the same. And also they are the same as my old
one. I did stick some bolts into the pan and gasket and was 100% sure that
no matter how I tried, they don't match well. Is this very popular for
American cars? Sorry, I will never use a Japanese car even I know they may
have a better performance.

Lee