95 Neon: low beam fails but high beam works

Old November 28th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Leeinwind

Default 95 Neon: low beam fails but high beam works

The right headlight doesn't work when I turn on the low beam but works fine
when I use high beam. The left one works fine for both cases. Do I need to
replace the bulb or check the circuit?

Old November 28th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article outautos.com>, "Leeinwind" > wrote:
>The right headlight doesn't work when I turn on the low beam but works fine
>when I use high beam. The left one works fine for both cases. Do I need to
>replace the bulb or check the circuit?

Bulb.

--
Regards,

Old November 28th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Leeinwind

Thank you very much. If you don't mind, could you please tell me the reason
that the bulb works for high beam but fails low beam? I do appreciate.

Lee

Old November 28th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article outautos.com>, "Leeinwind" > wrote:
>Thank you very much. If you don't mind, could you please tell me the reason
>that the bulb works for high beam but fails low beam? I do appreciate.

High beam and low beam use separate filaments. The low beam filament is burned
out.

--
Regards,