Dodge (Plymouth) Neon 98

Old November 28th 06, 06:25 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
tigerbaby13

Default Dodge (Plymouth) Neon 98

Recently I’ve noticed a weird whistling sort of sound coming from the
front of my car. It started out as some thing I’d hear only every
once in a while (about a week ago) but now it’s whenever my car is
moving. If I’m stopped it’s fine. If I’m driving and put my foot on
the brake (lightly to slow down or not as lightly to stop) there’s no
whistling sound. If I have my foot on the gas or if I’m just going
without my foot on any peddal, there’s that whistling sound. It’s
driving me crazy and I doubt it’s any good for my car. I started
thinking it was just the cold because it is getting colder as it’s
getting worse but even when my car has been driving for a while and is
warm it still happens as often.
I really haven’t got a clue what’s wrong with it. Anyone here have
any insight as to what it may be? And it’s very likely not the fan
belt. I just had that replaced last year and it was a completely
different sound. This sound, my dad compairs to when a cd is starting
in a cd player and it makes that whistling sound.

Thanks

Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Plymouth-N...ict198724.html

Old November 29th 06, 12:21 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Leeinwind

My car has a similar problem before. And it's just the level of power
steeling fluid too low.

Old November 30th 06, 09:26 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
tigerbaby13

I’d be so thankful if that was all it was. I’ll check it tomorrow.
thanks! turns out my air filter is also pretty clogged. I need to
change that tomorrow too.