weird - no posts since 12/2014

Old March 16th 15, 09:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_6_]

Default weird - no posts since 12/2014

lid wrote:
> ps56k wrote:
>>> happen to notice that our NNTP server
>>> doesn't have anything for this group
>>> since 12/2014 -

> On Sun, 15 Mar 2015, "DougW" wrote:
>> Probably.
>> This group is fairly slow these days. Most folks
>> are on forums and the number of us that actually
>> know which end of BFH to use are getting thinner
>> and thinner.

> Can't believe my last post was 4/15/13. But the Jeep's doing just
> fine and nuthin' needs fixin'. I just worry that when something DOES
> go wrong, I'll come back here and nobody will BE here.

Probably. The kiddos these days don't seem to know how to fix
anything. Although there are few where I work that do listen to
the ol geezer when he tells them how to fix something and walk
away with tools for less than the stealership cost.

My Heep got a "wee bit bent" on the rear "subframe" and started
loosing some of the clearcoat, but apart from that it still runs.
At this point I no longer care about rockrash.

My Jeep is old enough to legally drink in this state!

--
DougW

Old March 19th 15, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

On 3/16/2015 3:50 PM, DougW wrote:
> lid wrote:

>> On Sun, 15 Mar 2015, "DougW" wrote:
>>> Probably.
>>> This group is fairly slow these days. Most folks
>>> are on forums and the number of us that actually
>>> know which end of BFH to use are getting thinner
>>> and thinner.

>> Can't believe my last post was 4/15/13. But the Jeep's doing just
>> fine and nuthin' needs fixin'. I just worry that when something DOES
>> go wrong, I'll come back here and nobody will BE here.

> Probably. The kiddos these days don't seem to know how to fix
> anything. Although there are few where I work that do listen to
> the ol geezer when he tells them how to fix something and walk
> away with tools for less than the stealership cost.
>
> My Heep got a "wee bit bent" on the rear "subframe" and started
> loosing some of the clearcoat, but apart from that it still runs.
> At this point I no longer care about rockrash.
>
> My Jeep is old enough to legally drink in this state!

My old 89 Renix is still plugging away with either a bad cam or a couple
bad lifters either of which I will be fixing this summer.

I'm still plugging away with a couple new shiny stents put in just
before my birthday (2-20), which resulted in the cardiologist telling me
I need to "take it easier" since I went 10 years over due for the stents
before having the ticker act up.

So I sold my 12 foot yacht (1973 Mirrocraft 12' aluminum boat and
trailer) and I need to find one of those small 4X8 utility trailers to
haul my wood dinghy that I'm gonna build.

Other than that life has been average here in the foothills of the Rockies.

Budd

---

Old March 19th 15, 01:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
MtnRgr

Good to see you guys are still around. I check the postings about
everyday to see if there is any more sage advice on keeping the old CJ
running. The manuals simply don't have all the answers and it takes
real world experience to keep the rest of us running. Thanks!

Old March 19th 15, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_6_]

MtnRgr wrote:
> Good to see you guys are still around. I check the postings about
> everyday to see if there is any more sage advice on keeping the old CJ
> running. The manuals simply don't have all the answers and it takes
> real world experience to keep the rest of us running. Thanks!
>

> On 2015-03-19 04:13:42 +0000, Budd Cochran said:

>>> Probably. The kiddos these days don't seem to know how to fix
>>> anything. Although there are few where I work that do listen to
>>> the ol geezer when he tells them how to fix something and walk
>>> away with tools for less than the stealership cost.
>>>
>>> My Heep got a "wee bit bent" on the rear "subframe" and started
>>> loosing some of the clearcoat, but apart from that it still runs.
>>> At this point I no longer care about rockrash.
>>>
>>> My Jeep is old enough to legally drink in this state!
>>>

>> My old 89 Renix is still plugging away with either a bad cam or a
>> couple bad lifters either of which I will be fixing this summer.
>>
>> I'm still plugging away with a couple new shiny stents put in just
>> before my birthday (2-20), which resulted in the cardiologist telling
>> me I need to "take it easier" since I went 10 years over due for the
>> stents before having the ticker act up.
>>
>> So I sold my 12 foot yacht (1973 Mirrocraft 12' aluminum boat and
>> trailer) and I need to find one of those small 4X8 utility trailers
>> to haul my wood dinghy that I'm gonna build.
>>
>> Other than that life has been average here in the foothills of the
>> Rockies. Budd

Hey, DOC! just wrap that sucker in ductape and hurry up. Don't want to miss
happy hour.

I fish from the shore/dam/bridge. My rubberfloatydonut sprung a leak and
tried to drag me under.

--
DougW

Old March 20th 15, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

On 3/19/2015 5:22 PM, DougW wrote:
> MtnRgr wrote:
>> Good to see you guys are still around. I check the postings about
>> everyday to see if there is any more sage advice on keeping the old CJ
>> running. The manuals simply don't have all the answers and it takes
>> real world experience to keep the rest of us running. Thanks!

>>> My old 89 Renix is still plugging away with either a bad cam or a
>>> couple bad lifters either of which I will be fixing this summer.
>>>
>>> I'm still plugging away with a couple new shiny stents put in just
>>> before my birthday (2-20), which resulted in the cardiologist telling
>>> me I need to "take it easier" since I went 10 years over due for the
>>> stents before having the ticker act up.
>>>
>>> So I sold my 12 foot yacht (1973 Mirrocraft 12' aluminum boat and
>>> trailer) and I need to find one of those small 4X8 utility trailers
>>> to haul my wood dinghy that I'm gonna build.
>>>
>>> Other than that life has been average here in the foothills of the
>>> Rockies. Budd

> Hey, DOC! just wrap that sucker in ductape and hurry up. Don't want to miss
> happy hour.
>
> I fish from the shore/dam/bridge. My rubberfloatydonut sprung a leak and
> tried to drag me under.

A buddy of mine many moons ago tried to fish for Blue Catfish from one
of those back in Indiana ... but the first cat he hooked was bigger than
the belly boat and dragged him on the fresh water equivalent to a
"Nantucket Sleigh Ride"(whaling dory being dragged by a whale).

I handed the cardiologist my old beat up roll of genuine WalMart "Duck
Tape" and he tried to toss it in the trash. Darn near gave me another
heart attack trying to get past the RN to rescue it.

Darn city slickers don't know Jeeps run on gas, oil, water and duck tape.

Budd

---

no posts Paul in Houston TX Technology 1 July 15th 12 10:33 PM
Where are the posts? Hmmmmmmmm.......??????? SupermanureHughes Jeep 0 February 25th 08 11:08 AM
Why all these weird posts from 1999? Otto Skorzeny[_2_] Antique cars 2 August 28th 07 08:11 PM
One thread / 500+ posts? Tim Rogers VW air cooled 7 August 30th 06 12:49 AM
Weird wiring for a weird car Will Technology 9 March 3rd 06 02:46 AM