Brake caliper bolts too tight

Old October 5th 05, 02:42 AM
Ritz

SVTKate wrote:
> Funny, you are the only person I have ever heard with a problem like that
> and I have been around shops a long time.
>
> Waiting a week to see the jobber IS a pain though, I can agree with Brent on
> that one.

You must be joking. This is a *common* problem. Talk to more mechanics
and you'll see.

Cheers,
Old October 5th 05, 03:15 AM
SVTKate

YOU obviously have your head up your ass and have no idea what you are
talking about.

Kate
2O|||||||O5 Liberty

"Ritz" > wrote in message
: SVTKate wrote:
: > I'd be willing to bet that if it were Snap On, it wouldn't have broken
in
: > the first place.
: >
:
:
: You obviously don't own Snap-On tools or use them professionally....

Old October 5th 05, 03:21 AM
SVTKate

"RSCamaro" > wrote in message
: On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 19:16:43 GMT, "SVTKate" >
: wrote:
:
: >Funny, you are the only person I have ever heard with a problem like that
: >and I have been around shops a long time.
: >
: >Waiting a week to see the jobber IS a pain though, I can agree with Brent
on
: >that one.
: >--
: >Kate
: >2O|||||||O5 Liberty
:
: I don't think that he's the only person that has had trouble with
: SnapOn, Mac, and others tool truck purchases. When I worked in a
: machine shop I'd regularly break tools from the above companies and it
: can be a hassle to get replacements. The biggest excuse was always I
: don't have that (insert tool here) in a single and I'm not breaking
: that set, wait until next week.

Well, the guy that used to call on our shop and that my husband dealt with
was something special then because he was always right on the spot and if
you needed something he would make a detour on his route to get it to you.

I suppose that jobbers are like any other customer service rep. Some are
good, some bad.

: Have you seen the blue titanium coated ratchets that Craftsman is
: peddling lately. Very too posh, and almost too pretty to use by the
: looks of them.

Nope, there are four too chests in the shop now full, surely there isn't a
spot to put another thing.
Do you think that that big lettering that they are putting on the Craftsman
tools nowadays will rub off?

And for the record. Hub's tools are all Snap On. My two chests are nearly
all Craftsman. I'm just the girl and all that.
They all seem to work fine, but his have done some serious work for many
years he is a 30 year, professional, heavy duty mechanic.

Kate

Old October 5th 05, 03:21 AM
SVTKate

Look, get off my ass dillweed.

Kate
2O|||||||O5 Liberty

Old October 5th 05, 03:23 AM

Rich wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 04:57:16 GMT, " >
> wrote:
>

>>Rich wrote:
>>
>>>To get off. At least with a socket wrench.
>>>I don't have an air tool, any suggestions?
>>>-Rich

>> 1/2" breaker bar. Dont expect to remove them with a 3/8 ratchet. if you
>>cannot get them off with the breaker bar you might want to think about
>>going to the gym.

> Thanks very much, that worked fine.
> -Rich

The 1/2" breaker bar or the going to the gym part?
Old October 5th 05, 04:38 AM
Ritz

Oh please....spare me the indignation. If you had any real contact with
folks that actually USE these tools for a living, there is no way you
could make that comment.

Cheers,

Old October 5th 05, 04:40 AM
Ritz

Dillweed? Is that the best you can do? Your high school English
teacher must be so proud....

*shrug*

Old October 5th 05, 05:15 AM
Brent P

In article >, Ritz wrote:
> local dealer just disappeared. So Snap-On sends in another guy who does
> a song and dance about how he'll be Johnny-on-the-spot. I have a box of
> broken tools that I'd been saving for the next reappearance

<...>
> So now I just buy tools online and from Home Depot/Sears. And according
> to what I've heard, Sears is becoming more selective about taking in
> broken tools too.

I have never worked anywhere a snap on guy comes around to. Thusly their
tools have been more or less unavailable too me. The few snap on tools I
have were my grandfather's and they are pretty much speciality type
things that won't get much use. (yes I know they started online sales
some years ago, tools just aren't something I buy online I
guess) So I've always gone to sears or other places for something in
particular. I don't like the way sears is headed. I had to have rachets
replaced a couple years back, they had other rachets available. I think
they may have been remans, like it was a water pump. The adjustable
wrench I broke they replaced. Same with a screw driver. Haven't busted or
wore out anything recently.

Old October 5th 05, 01:09 PM
SVTKate

"Ritz" > wrote in message
: Dillweed? Is that the best you can do? Your high school English
: teacher must be so proud....
:
: *shrug*
:

I will not try to justify my posts by offering up a history of my life's
experience nor will I be goaded into playing your game.