Special plates for suspended licenses in works

Old April 2nd 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

Default Special plates for suspended licenses in works

On Apr 2, 12:45 am, jerry warner > wrote:

> might as well just shoot them and get it over with.
> This kindof crap is only goingto backfire on all of us.
> It's damned POOR GOVERNMENT!

Typical criminal coddler "logic" that we always get from you.

Reckless drivers are killers and maimers and i and most other
americans want them off the highways.

Old April 2nd 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Garth Almgren

Around 4/1/2008 9:14 AM, Aunt Judy (AKA Pride of Diarrhea, AKA "Saddam")
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:
> [nothing worth quoting]

I can't imagine that you have a valid license, so why should you get
your own special plate?

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old April 2nd 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Garth Almgren > wrote in
:

> Around 4/1/2008 9:14 AM, Aunt Judy (AKA Pride of Diarrhea, AKA "Saddam")
><http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:
>> [nothing worth quoting]

> I can't imagine that you have a valid license, so why should you get
> your own special plate?

to warn the rest of us about an unsafe car and driver? B-)

furthermore,if a driver's license is suspended,he's not allowed to drive,so
why is he going to bother to get special plates that would give him away if
he did drive? And then there's the people who have had their licenses
suspended for unpaid parking tickets and E-Pass violations.
Some of them are/were unaware their license was even suspended.

IMO,if a driver's license is suspended,they should just put a "Denver boot"
on the car,making it undrivable,or just impound it for the duration.
(unless there are other users of that auto...)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old April 2nd 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Larry Bud

On Apr 1, 2:44*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 12:06 pm, Larry Bud > wrote:
>
> > On Apr 1, 12:14 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"

> > > wrote:
> > > Most people with suspended licenses are drunk drivers. That means they're
> > > murderers and i don't want you criminal coddlers telling me about their
> > > "rights".

> > Does Ted Kennedy's limo get one of these?

> Don't mention teddy unless you want to talk about Laura "the rammer"
> Bush and the former boy friend she murdered with her car.

I'll take that as a yes.

Sorry, but there doesn't seem to be a record this "Laura Bush" you
speak of who committed murder. Odd.
Old April 3rd 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Harry K

On Apr 2, 8:33*am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 8:00 pm, Harry K > wrote:
>

> > One problem that was immediately apparent was that it didn't stop them
> > from driving, *They would either just get another beater, borrow a
> > car, remove the sticker or just drive the car and to hell with the
> > chance of geting stopped.

> > Harry K

> Which is why highway criminals deserve prison time. *They wouldn't
> drive with suspended licenses if they knew they faced that. Stop
> coddling these killers.

To let a bit of light into that fog you call a brain. In this state
DWLS (Driving while license if suspended) is a misdemeanor and _does_
draw jail time. If I had $5 for every one I booked into jail, I could
afford to fill up both tanks on the PU again.

Harry K
Old April 3rd 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Apr 2, 9:25*am, Jim Yanik > wrote:
> Garth Almgren > wrote :
>
> > Around 4/1/2008 9:14 AM, Aunt Judy (AKA Pride of Diarrhea, AKA "Saddam")
> ><http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:
> >> [nothing worth quoting]

> > I can't imagine that you have a valid license, so why should you get
> > your own special plate?

> to warn the rest of us about an unsafe car and driver? *B-)
>

> furthermore,if a driver's license is suspended,he's not allowed to drive,so
> why is he going to bother to get special plates that would give him away if
> he did drive? And then there's the people who have had their licenses
> suspended for unpaid parking tickets and E-Pass violations.
> Some of them are/were unaware their license was even suspended.
>
> IMO,if a driver's license is suspended,they should just put a "Denver boot"
> on the car,making it undrivable,or just impound it for the duration.
> (unless there are other users of that auto...)
>
> --
> Jim Yanik
> jyanik
> at
> kua.net

That also was tried in WA. Cars of suspended drivers could be
impounded and held for a period before being released after payment of
all fines and fees. The cops had a fun time when the law was first
passed. That is until the tow companies bitched because their lots
were full of beaters the drivers just left there and they couldn't
sell them for enought to cover the impound fees. The drivers would
just go buy another junker. I think the law is still on the books but
is another one that is mostly ignored.

Harry K