Idiot Pilot Runs Out of Gas - Lands Cessna on I-81 - WON'T BE CHARGED!!

Old April 3rd 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Idiot Pilot Runs Out of Gas - Lands Cessna on I-81 - WON'T BE CHARGED!!

http://www.nbc4.com/news/15781391/detail.html

Plane Lands On I-81

POSTED: 9:20 am EDT April 3, 2008

Plenty of vehicles run out of gas on Interstate 81, but not many
airplanes.

Virginia State Police said a student pilot on his first solo flight was
heading back to Virginia Highlands Airport from Knoxville, Tenn., Wednesday
afternoon when the plane ran out of fuel.

The pilot, Matthew Edward Scott, 27, of Blountville, Tenn., made an
emergency landing on I-81 within sight of the airport in Abingdon.

Sgt. Danny Glick commended the pilot for landing with the traffic flow so
no vehicles were hit during the landing. He said Scott was not injured and
will not face charges.

Airport staff brought fuel to the disabled Cessna and troopers briefly shut
down southbound I-81 while the plane taxied to the airport.

--------------------

This nut could have easily killed a lot of people due to his own
negligence. This is a lot worse than drunk driving but the cops pat him on
the back and say forget it!!!
Old April 3rd 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_4_]

SFB spewed:

<< snip article >>

>This nut could have easily killed a lot of people due to his own
>negligence. This is a lot worse than drunk driving but the cops pat him on
>the back and say forget it!!!

So, what did you want the pilot to do? crash his cessna into a school?
BTW, why didn't you cross post your drivel to an aviation group? You
afraid of pilots?

**** you, american (sic).

--
Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfrined (a.k.a S&DDAM) finally
admits to what we have known all along:

">You're an idiot.

>Graham

Coming from you that's a compliment. "

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/qa5wx
Message ID:
Old April 3rd 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

On Apr 3, 12:05 pm, necromancer
> wrote:
> SFB spewed:
>
> << snip article >>
>
> >This nut could have easily killed a lot of people due to his own
> >negligence. This is a lot worse than drunk driving but the cops pat him on
> >the back and say forget it!!!

> So, what did you want the pilot to do? crash his cessna into a school?

He oughta be charged with a crime and do a couple years in the can and
never be allowed to fly again. Stop being a criminal coddler, you
hatefilled loonball.
Old April 3rd 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Matt

On Apr 3, 12:34*pm, Larry > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" >
>

> *wrote:
> > On Apr 3, 12:05 pm, necromancer
> > > wrote:
> > > SFB spewed:

> > > << snip article >>

> > > So, what did you want the pilot to do? crash his cessna into a school?

> > He oughta be charged with a crime and do a couple years in the can and
> > never be allowed to fly again. Stop being a criminal coddler, you
> > hatefilled loonball.

> What crime did he commit? *Show us a statute that applies to this
> situation.

Illegal parking?

That's what I suggested someone be charged with when they drove into
my house
with a pickup. Fortunately, DUI seemed to work better in that case.

Matt

Old April 3rd 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
John A. Weeks III

In article >,
Larry > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" >
> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 3, 12:05 pm, necromancer
> > > wrote:
> > > SFB spewed:
> > >
> > > << snip article >>

> > > So, what did you want the pilot to do? crash his cessna into a school?

> > He oughta be charged with a crime and do a couple years in the can and
> > never be allowed to fly again. Stop being a criminal coddler, you
> > hatefilled loonball.

> What crime did he commit? Show us a statute that applies to this
> situation.

Operating an aircraft in an unsafe manner?
Operating an unregistered vehicle on a highway?
Not having a 5 MPH bumper on a passenger vehicle?

Seriously, the person who landed the plane is not at fault. While
he should have been aware of the fuel situation, it was the instructor
that sent a student pilot out on a first solo without making sure
that the aircraft was ready for that flight that is the real fault
here. I think the FAA should take a look at this flight instructor.

-john-

John A. Weeks III * * * * * 612-720-2854 * * * * *
Newave Communications * * * * * * * * * * * * http://www.johnweeks.com
Old April 3rd 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Ed Pirrero

On Apr 3, 11:48*am, "John A. Weeks III" > wrote:
> In article >,
>

> *Larry > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> > *"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" >
> > *wrote:

> > > On Apr 3, 12:05 pm, necromancer

> > > He oughta be charged with a crime and do a couple years in the can and
> > > never be allowed to fly again. Stop being a criminal coddler, you
> > > hatefilled loonball.

> > What crime did he commit? *Show us a statute that applies to this
> > situation.

> Operating an aircraft in an unsafe manner?
> Operating an unregistered vehicle on a highway?
> Not having a 5 MPH bumper on a passenger vehicle?
>
> Seriously, the person who landed the plane is not at fault. *While
> he should have been aware of the fuel situation, it was the instructor
> that sent a student pilot out on a first solo without making sure
> that the aircraft was ready for that flight that is the real fault
> here. *I think the FAA should take a look at this flight instructor.

It's almost assured that the FAA will be taking some kind of action in
this case. The rules are pretty strict about sanctions when you screw
up.

E.P.
Old April 3rd 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
gringo

Larry wrote:
> In article
> >,
> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" >
> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 3, 12:05 pm, necromancer
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> SFB spewed:
>>>
>>> << snip article >>

>>> So, what did you want the pilot to do? crash his cessna into a school?
>>>

>> He oughta be charged with a crime and do a couple years in the can and
>> never be allowed to fly again. Stop being a criminal coddler, you
>> hatefilled loonball.
>>

> What crime did he commit? Show us a statute that applies to this
> situation.

Run out of fuel on a long bridge or in a tunnel. In addition to a stiff
towing fee, you will get a fine. But I suppose if an incompetent pilot
crushes a few cars and kills a few babies, that's alright with you?

--
"Sarah, if the American people had ever known the truth about what we Bushes have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched."
--- George Herbert Walker Bush, in an interview with Sarah McClendon, 1992
Old April 3rd 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
gringo

John A. Weeks III wrote:
> In article >,
> Larry > wrote:
>

>> In article
>> >,
>> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>> On Apr 3, 12:05 pm, necromancer

>>> He oughta be charged with a crime and do a couple years in the can and
>>> never be allowed to fly again. Stop being a criminal coddler, you
>>> hatefilled loonball.
>>>

>> What crime did he commit? Show us a statute that applies to this
>> situation.
>>

> Operating an aircraft in an unsafe manner?
> Operating an unregistered vehicle on a highway?
> Not having a 5 MPH bumper on a passenger vehicle?
>
> Seriously, the person who landed the plane is not at fault. While
> he should have been aware of the fuel situation, it was the instructor
> that sent a student pilot out on a first solo without making sure
> that the aircraft was ready for that flight that is the real fault
> here. I think the FAA should take a look at this flight instructor.
>
> -john-

absolutely

Old April 3rd 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Matt

On Apr 3, 12:42*pm, Larry > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> *Matt > wrote:
> > On Apr 3, 12:34*pm, Larry > wrote:
> > > In article
> > > *"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" >

> > > What crime did he commit? *Show us a statute that applies to this
> > > situation.

> > Illegal parking?

> Even if that applied, you don't do "a couple years in the can" for it,
> would you?

Gee, I hope not. Imagine all those poor New Yorkers...

Matt

Old April 3rd 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_4_]

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:04:15 -0500, gringo > wrote:

> But I suppose if an incompetent pilot crushes a few cars

Oh, give me a ****ing break!

The plane in question, a cessna 150 (ref: http://tinyurl.com/2aucho)
has an empty weight about 1/3 of that of a garden vareity car (appx.
968#) and a max take off weight of 1500# (about 1/2 the weight of a
car). Ref: http://www.airliners.net/aircraft-da...ts.main?id=138
It ain't going to be crushing any cars anytime soon.

>and kills a few babies, that's alright with you?

SO, what would you have rather that the pilot do? Crash into a school?
Somebody's house?

--
"I always heard that primitave hoo-mans lacked intelligence,
but I never thought they'd be this stupid."