How do I replace the front door speakers?

Old July 3rd 09, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mr.G

Default How do I replace the front door speakers?

Hi I just bought a Dodge Caravan with blown speakers in the front
doors. How do I replace them? thanks
Old July 5th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
KirkM

On Jul 2, 6:32*pm, "Mr.G" > wrote:
> Hi I just bought a Dodge Caravan with blown speakers in the front
> doors. How do I replace them? thanks

If you could provide the year, that would help.

Autozone has a scaled back version of Alldata available from their
website. That might be a place to start.

-KM
Old August 1st 09, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Wesley

Assuming it's the same as a 2002 Voyager (6x9's in the bottom front of the
doors)... There are a few screws around places in the door - one in the
handle, maybe on in the bottom of the handle pocket, etc. Make sure you
have them all out. Then you just pry it off.

If you haven't gotten speakers for it yet - check out Crutchfield -
www.crutchfield.com. I'm lucky to have one of their stores nearby.
But...I'm sure mail-order is fine as well. At any rate...they will print
off for you the directions you need to do the install. That's how I know
how it goes. I started in to swap out the door speakers in mine, but gave
up when I was having trouble getting the plastic panel pried off the door.
The speakers didn't sound that bad...so I'll put the ones I have to fit it
in the rear instead.

I have a 92 Caravan that blew its transmission (I need to sell it now)...I
had replaced all the speakers and stereo, and added a subwoofer in the back.
All this done a piece here and a piece there over time, all relatively
inexpensive parts. Anyway...the front dash speakers from the 92 fit right
into the empty spots in the dash of the 02. The 02 (and maybe all after
95?) has provisions for a 6-speaker system, but mine didn't have the dash
speakers installed. Putting good speakers in the dash has made a world of
difference in sound quality - better high-end to your ears. If you can get
the speaker wiring harness for the front dash speakers of a 92, it will plug
into the wires that are laying there (at least in my 02). You do have to
cut off a little notch that blocks the plug from plugging in though. Makes
no sense...but that's how it was.

Just finished wiring up the sub this evening...now all that's left is to
swap out the rear speakers (for the ones I had in the 92 from the rear
liftgate). Unfortunately, there is no speaker wiring harness to be had, so
I'll be playing with wires on those... :-(

Wesley

Door Speakers [email protected] Mazda 10 May 7th 09 04:05 AM
how do I replace speakers on 1992 accord ? Talal Itani Honda 1 July 28th 08 06:11 AM
Front door speakers Hairy Ford Explorer 6 January 28th 05 11:00 PM
1991 front speakers Mike Corvette 4 January 10th 05 04:48 AM
Replacing front door speakers" 97 XLT gotto Ford Explorer 1 December 8th 04 05:57 AM