vibration

Old December 26th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
orlin

Default vibration

Greetings,

Marry Christmas to everybody!

Cherokee 1999 Laredo

There is very slight vibration of the engine. I changed the spark
plugs. It didn't help a lot. The tester in the service did not show
anything. What else could be the problem?

Best regards

Orlin

Old December 26th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

orlin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Marry Christmas to everybody!
>
> Cherokee 1999 Laredo
>
> There is very slight vibration of the engine. I changed the spark
> plugs. It didn't help a lot. The tester in the service did not show
> anything. What else could be the problem?

At what RPM? If the vibration is at idle it could be a dirty throttle
body or idle air passage/stepper. A spray with throttle body cleaner
will fix that.

How do the motor mounts look?
http://revbeergoggles.com/motormount/

--
DougW

Old December 26th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
orlin

Dear Doug,

The vibration is constant. However I can feel it more at the low RPM.
Before it was worse. After I changed the spark plugs it is not so
sensible, but it is there.

Old December 27th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

May be your harmonic balancer is has spun in it's rubber mount.
Take a screwdriver and follow number one piston up for top dead center
to see if it still matches the timing marks:
http://members.cox.net/wilsond/hb/
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/