How do I remove door panels on 1993 e34?

Old May 18th 05, 03:36 AM
wmjsplace

Default How do I remove door panels on 1993 e34?

I am getting ready to rehab our 1993 525 (M50 motor) and need some
assistance so I can speed up the process.

I will be removing the interior, rear door panels to replace the window
motors and regulators.

What is the best method for removing the door panels without breaking
any retaining clips or such?

I am posting other questions since I have one week to replace the hood,
grille, front left fender, windshield washer reservoir, valve cover
gasket, ashtray frame, rear window motors and regulators, driver's seat
belt receiver, rear right door seal, and wheels.

Thanks,

---Walt

--
wmjsplace
wmjsplace's Profile: http://www.usenetcars.com/member.php?userid=1375

Old May 18th 05, 10:00 PM
Don

wmjsplace wrote:

> I will be removing the interior, rear door panels to replace the window
> motors and regulators.
>
> What is the best method for removing the door panels without breaking
> any retaining clips or such?
>
> I am posting other questions since I have one week to replace the hood,
> grille, front left fender, windshield washer reservoir, valve cover
> gasket, ashtray frame, rear window motors and regulators, driver's seat
> belt receiver, rear right door seal, and wheels.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ---Walt

It's actually almost impossible to remove the interior door panels
without breaking some of the plastic clips - especially as the car gets
older. Go to BMW before removing it and buy spares - quite a few
actually. They're cheap.

Then - (from memory - haven't owned an E34 in about 8 years now) - there
is a plastic push in cover on the armrest. Remove cover, there is a
screw behind it. Remove the screw. Remove the screw behind the little
handle you open the door with, and pull this out. It isn't necessary to
disconnect it, but it's also not hard to disconnect. NOTE where and how
the cable attaches since you have to get it back that way.

Use a flat putty knife and work around the bottom and side of the panel
- pulling it out so the clips release.

Once all the clips are out - grab the armrest and push the panel upwards
so the window molding releases.

Rinstallation is the reverse..
Old May 19th 05, 08:37 AM
SharkmanBMW

go to ... http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10
it is a e34 forum, they have all the answers!
also for do it yourself repairs... http://www.bmwe34.net/
thank me later, these are the 2 best links out there!

"wmjsplace" > wrote in
message ...

Old February 26th 17, 04:18 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
DuttoMan

replying to wmjsplace, DuttoMan wrote:
I have found a link of a video showing the process of removing the rear door
panels from E32 which is similar to E34s. Those who are looking to removing
the front door, you will just have to pry open the power mirror switch and the
rest of the process is pretty much same.

Here is the link of the video.
https://youtu.be/wDPKggWZIZU

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/bmw/how-d...-e34-2643-.htm