Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

Old February 25th 18, 11:23 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Cursitor Doom

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 23:55:49 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured
> goods and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.
> Hope you are looking forward to penury.

Has it not occurred to you that the nefarious activities of hedge funds
in the City of London, Chicago and New York have crippled manufacturers'
capitalisations making growth of actually useful industries which export
next to impossible? It's just a more sophisticated form of asset-
stripping.

https://www.democraticunderground.co...s/duboard.php?
az=view_all&address=389x5369027

Old February 25th 18, 11:27 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Cursitor Doom

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 01:22:38 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 15:37:21 -0000, Dave Plowman (News)
> > wrote:

>> You really are a poor loser.

> Er, it's YOU that lost. We are leaving the EU, don't you watch the news
> at all?

He's got you there, Dave! ;-)

Old February 25th 18, 11:38 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Peter Hill[_2_]

On 24-Feb-18 9:17 PM, rbowman wrote:
> On 02/24/2018 06:20 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> ** alan_m > wrote:
>>> If you are that worried about protecting British car working jobs buy a
>>> car assembled in the UK rather than a foreign built car. If all those
>>> advocating remaining in the EU did so then the production at UK car
>>> plants wouldn't need exports of cars in order to survive and imports of
>>> completed cars would reduce - a win, win situation.

>> I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan I'd be driving one today.
>> --scott
>>

> I wouldn't mind one of the three wheeled varieties.

A proper one with "Dog Eared" JAP engine is around £35K. Even better but
much rarer are ones with Matchless V twins, pay a £10K premium for air
cooled and an extra £5K tax on top of that for water cooled.

There is one truly "awesome" one with 2 Scott 2 stoke twins chained
together up front. Dunno if it was Green un or Blue un but the "Book of
the Scott" said tester said "overtake at 70 and then change up!", that
was when a fast car did 70mph and supercars (100SS) claimed to be able
to scrape up the ton.

Doesn't help current British manufacturing but the classic car and bike
industry is turning over £1m's and supporting 1000's of jobs each year.

A friend has an alloy bodied 4+4, it's about 30 years old now. The
factory didn't want to supply alloy body as they said flexing of the
body makes the paint flake off the alloy. He had them prime it with a
rubber paint. But I suspect the thickness of paint has negated the
weight saving of the alloy panels.
Old February 25th 18, 12:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
alan_m > wrote:
> On 24/02/2018 23:55, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> > There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured
> > goods and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.

> But isn't this the stagnated status quo that those wishing to remain are
> so eager to promote.

And the alternative is? My point exactly. All we get from you Brexiteers
is some form of hope for the future. With zero plans on how to implement
things.

To me, it is like flouncing out of a reasonably well paid job you've been
happy enough in for a long time without having a new one to go to. In some
form of mid life crisis. Not the actions of a logical person.

--
*Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old February 25th 18, 12:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
James Wilkinson Sword > wrote:
> >> If you know as much about Brexit as you do Newtonian Mechanics.....

> > You really are a poor loser.

> Er, it's YOU that lost. We are leaving the EU, don't you watch the news
> at all?

Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash
of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

But then most will lose with Brexit.

--
*Young at heart -- slightly older in other places

Old February 25th 18, 02:32 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Fredxx

>>> You really are a poor loser.

>> Er, it's YOU that lost. We are leaving the EU, don't you watch the news
>> at all?

> Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash
> of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

You've proven on numerous occasions you don't have a clue on Newtonian
mechanics.

Do you want me to refresh your memory with Peter's simple problem put to
you, that you weren't able to answer and squirmed your way forward with
excuses of your own inadequacies?

> But then most will lose with Brexit.

I'm doing very well, thanks. The only pay increase I've had for 10 years
and more work than I can handle.

You don't work, do you?

And you own your own house near London that is likely to depreciate if
the housing demand reduces (or at least not accrue so much in value in
the coming years).

Old February 25th 18, 03:16 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Fredxx > wrote:
> > Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash
> > of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

> You've proven on numerous occasions you don't have a clue on Newtonian
> mechanics.

Thought it wouldn't be long before you tried to bring this up again.

You tried every trick in the book in an attempt to prove my original
statement about BHP versus torque in a road going car was incorrect and
failed dismally. Despite introducing every single red herring you could
find.

And got all upset when I refused to answer all the silly questions you
kept coming up with.

So basically, a poor looser.

--
*He who dies with the most toys is, nonetheless, dead.

Old February 25th 18, 03:41 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Fredxx

> In article >,
> Fredxx > wrote:
>>> Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash
>>> of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

>> You've proven on numerous occasions you don't have a clue on Newtonian
>> mechanics.

> Thought it wouldn't be long before you tried to bring this up again.
>
> You tried every trick in the book in an attempt to prove my original
> statement about BHP versus torque in a road going car was incorrect and
> failed dismally. Despite introducing every single red herring you could
> find.

There was no trick, just a simple multiple choice problem put to you by
Peter Hill.

> And got all upset when I refused to answer all the silly questions you
> kept coming up with.

No refusal, you simply didn't have a clue. It was one problem, there
were no "silly questions".
Old February 25th 18, 06:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Cursitor Doom

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 16:03:47 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

> Oh I don't know, less immigrunts coming in and the place would become
> more desirable.

Not sure if you've noticed or not, but there's already a massive number
of unproductive immigrants here already.

Old February 25th 18, 07:25 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Scott Dorsey

Cursitor Doom > wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 16:03:47 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
>
>> Oh I don't know, less immigrunts coming in and the place would become
>> more desirable.

>Not sure if you've noticed or not, but there's already a massive number
>of unproductive immigrants here already.

You can thank that King William for that. Send them all back to Normandy
where they belong.
--scott