UK - Fury as 90,000 police officers caught speeding are 'let off'

Old May 29th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default UK - Fury as 90,000 police officers caught speeding are 'let off'

If anything, law breaking cops should be punished MORE severely than
ordinary criminals.

http://tinyurl.com/23o2ap

Fury as 90,000 police officers caught speeding are 'let off'

JAMES SLACK
UK Daily Mail Tuesday May 28, 2007

Only 354 of 90,000 police caught on camera speeding or jumping red
lights last year were punished.

Last night forces were accused of double standards after it emerged that
only one in 200 officers was fined or given points, compared with 84 per
cent of ordinary drivers.

In a quarter of the cases the police cars had their blue lights
flashing, suggesting officers were attending an emergency.

However, nearly all of the rest had the slate wiped clean by senior
police, saving them from three points on their licence and a £60 fine.

Managers have the discretion to cancel tickets if an officer can
persuade them they had a good reason for speeding, such as pursuing a
suspect or trying to find a witness.

But critics point out motorists enjoy no such rights and that if they
want to challenge a fixed penalty notice they must go to court.

They also say the disparity between the figures raises the suspicion
that thousands of officers are being let off even if they do not have a
valid excuse for speeding.

(snip)
Old May 29th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
[email protected][_1_]

You don't get it. Britain - like America now - has a Marie Antoinette
class to whom the rules they inflict on the peasant overwhelming
majority just don't apply. That Marie Antoinette class is
politicians, bureaucrats (like cops), and (in Britain) the "royals."
Look how the prince in Britain now is being let out of - first -
deployment to Iraq with the rest of his army unit, then out of the
army; will the Brit army do that for ordinary soldiers?

Old May 29th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics

wrote:
> You don't get it. Britain - like America now - has a Marie Antoinette
> class to whom the rules they inflict on the peasant overwhelming
> majority just don't apply. That Marie Antoinette class is
> politicians, bureaucrats (like cops), and (in Britain) the "royals."
> Look how the prince in Britain now is being let out of - first -
> deployment to Iraq with the rest of his army unit, then out of the
> army; will the Brit army do that for ordinary soldiers?
>
> No $4 to park! No $6 admission!
http://www.INTERNET-GUN-SHOW.com

I get it, you numbskull. Like Btitain, america is a society of classes
and i don't like it. That's why i say that members of the ruling class
who break the law should get double punishment.
Old May 29th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Sid9 wrote:
> wrote:
>> You don't get it. Britain - like America now - has a Marie Antoinette
>> class to whom the rules they inflict on the peasant overwhelming
>> majority just don't apply. That Marie Antoinette class is
>> politicians, bureaucrats (like cops), and (in Britain) the "royals."
>> Look how the prince in Britain now is being let out of - first -
>> deployment to Iraq with the rest of his army unit, then out of the
>> army; will the Brit army do that for ordinary soldiers?
>>
>> No $4 to park! No $6 admission!
http://www.INTERNET-GUN-SHOW.com

> It doesn;t matter
> much since the
> Brits are packing
> up and preparing
> to leave Iraq.
>

> Blair is out and
> the bush,jr fiasco
> is over for the UK

Think again. look where the replacement came from.

Old May 29th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Larry Bud

On May 29, 11:56 am, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> If anything, law breaking cops should be punished MORE severely than
> ordinary criminals.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/23o2ap
>
> Fury as 90,000 police officers caught speeding are 'let off'

Clearly the British authorities realize that speed traps are for
revenue only, and not for safety.

Old May 29th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
[email protected][_1_]

On May 29, 3:06 pm, Larry Bud > wrote:
> Clearly the British authorities realize that speed traps are for
> revenue only, and not for safety.

The Brit peasantry - even though very few of them have long-range
tools (rifles) for doing it - are rebelling against traffic cameras
there successfully, bigtime. They just either douse the camera head
with gasoline and torch it or just spray paint the lens black - either
at night. Nearly nobody ever gets caught - as traffic cameras are so
hated by Brit peasants that the police can't find witnesses, even
though the destroyed traffic cameras are usually on heavily-traveled
roads!

Old May 29th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
timeOday

Larry Bud wrote:
> On May 29, 11:56 am, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> > wrote:
>
>>If anything, law breaking cops should be punished MORE severely than
>>ordinary criminals.
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/23o2ap
>>
>> Fury as 90,000 police officers caught speeding are 'let off'

> Clearly the British authorities realize that speed traps are for
> revenue only, and not for safety.

"But we Officers of the Law are specially trained for high-speed
driving, so it's not dangerous when we do it." Or something.
Old May 29th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics

Larry Bud wrote:
> On May 29, 11:56 am, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> > wrote:
>> If anything, law breaking cops should be punished MORE severely than
>> ordinary criminals.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/23o2ap
>>
>> Fury as 90,000 police officers caught speeding are 'let off'

> Clearly the British authorities realize that speed traps are for
> revenue only, and not for safety.

And the way to stop that thinking is to punish speeding with jail time
instead of fines. I'm glad you and i agree on that much.