MFFY Taxi Driver

Old February 28th 08, 04:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default MFFY Taxi Driver

A work-related emergency required my presence in Oakland, CA (I live
and work in L.A.). The 8:00 AM flight on Southwest got me to the
Oakland airport at 9, at which point I took a cab.

The cab driver pulled every MFFY trick in the book. He passed a long
line of stopped cars on a Freeway (I-880) by using an Exit-Only lane,
then ducked back into the Through Lane at the last possible point.

He certainly got me to my destination faster than a more polite driver
would have. I shudder to think what he might have done if I had
indicated that I was in a hurry.