hubs for series 80 landcruiser

Old July 6th 04, 09:31 AM
Dave Hurley

Default hubs for series 80 landcruiser

this is proabley old stuff now but I've got a 1995 landcruiser fulltime 4
wheel drive.Can I fit freewheel hubs and if so any change in mpg an
handeling.
cheers Dave H

Old July 7th 04, 10:07 PM
Mad Dog

I don't know where to get the hubs 4 your
land-cruncher but manual hubs will definately increase mileage and probably
help the handling........
on the same note, how does a vehicle with a full-time
case not have manual hubs.
The full-time cases i am familiar with turn the front driveshaft all the
time, does the land-cruncher have a
device that disconnects the front diff. from the driveshaft.?
I'm a early model Chevy man and don't know too much about the new stuff (i
know i dont like it)
I run manual hubs on my 4x4 cuz it has a front locker
and a part-time case.
--
Mad Dog

Old July 7th 04, 10:35 PM
Dave Hurley

Its fulltime 4WD and there is no way to iso the frount wheels.
I am getting some good feedback from a group in australia about a kit that
can be added.
Cheers Dave H

Old July 8th 04, 04:31 AM
Roger Brown

Dave Hurley wrote:

> Its fulltime 4WD and there is no way to iso the frount wheels.
> I am getting some good feedback from a group in australia about a kit that
> can be added.

With full time 4WD and an open ceter diff, you will not be able to move
with the front hubs unlocked, since all the power will go to the front
driveshaft. You'll need to lock the center diff at a minimum to make it
work.

You also should be able to use locking hubs from an '85 or earlier
4Runner or pickup (solid front axle). I run FJ-80 drive flanges on my
axle to relace the manual locking hubs. Its a direct swap, hubs<->drive
flanges. You should be to get the hubs from a junkyard.
http://c-67-170-224-64.client.comcas...a/P1030025.JPG
http://c-67-170-224-64.client.comcas...a/P1030026.JPG
Same splines, same bolt pattern, etc.

--