OT Less we forget, our American heroes.

Old December 15th 04, 08:40 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

No, a victory for Big Business and Big Government.

Old December 15th 04, 08:56 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I see my analogy was lost on you, as usual.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 15th 04, 10:18 PM
Jeff Strickland

It was lost on me as well. In this case, the new boss is the same as the old
boss. It is common for Cabinet members to retire after the first term. Sure,
some will stay, but some always leave. Not sometimes, always. There has
never been a President who upon relection did not loose some of his cabinet
members and other high ranking officials in his administration. Normally,
the President moves them out, but there are always a few that take the
opportunity to move on.

Old December 16th 04, 01:18 AM
SoK66

Ther's nothng unusual about most cabinet members resigning after a
President's first term. For our special interest, off-roading, and as a
Westerner, I'm glad to see Gail Norton is staying on. She's done a great job
in keeping a balance our trails, and has kept the environmentalist
crazies at bay.

Old December 16th 04, 06:39 AM
Handywired

>"Naked" eye? I think Mr. Ashcroft might have a problem with that term...

John Ashcroft can kiss my hairy white ass.

The man thinks dancing is a sin.

-jeff
Old December 16th 04, 12:13 PM
SoK66

"Handywired" > wrote in message
>> For our special interest, off-roading, and as a
>>Westerner, I'm glad to see Gail Norton is staying on. She's done a great
>>job
>>in keeping a balance our trails, and has kept the environmentalist
>>crazies at bay.

> Hey!!! Get out of here with that on-topic bull****!
>
> <BSEG!>

Oh, sorry, don't know what came over me....

Old December 16th 04, 03:25 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

LOL!

Old December 16th 04, 03:35 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

Agreed, and I would further go on to say one of the best things Bush has
done was to reverse the last-minute "environmental" executive orders of
Clinton's last few weeks in office, many of which (if memory serves) were
intended to re-classify a whole heap of Federal land as wilderness areas and
as such off-limits to motorized vehicles.

The DOI seems to be improving the quality and quantity of personnel in the
national park/national forest system but there seems to be a long way to go.
I'm interested even more now that I just bought a cabin adjacent to the
Huron National Forest in northern Michigan's lower peninsula.

Old December 18th 04, 12:36 AM
SoK66

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
> Agreed, and I would further go on to say one of the best things Bush has
> done was to reverse the last-minute "environmental" executive orders of
> Clinton's last few weeks in office, many of which (if memory serves) were
> intended to re-classify a whole heap of Federal land as wilderness areas
> and
> as such off-limits to motorized vehicles.

The 11th hour Clinton "Roadless Plan" would have locked up around 60 million
acres of USFS and BLM land, creating an new land classification that's
simply de-facto wilderness. The law says only Congress can declare an area
wilderness, because it effectively means it will forever be a
cost/liability, with no means of paying it's own way through timber sales,
etc. What was worse was that many of these 60 million acres had lots of
motorized trails which the green clowns don't recognize as "roads". (If
grandma's Volvo can;t be drivin on it, it's not a road!)

The green goons thought they'd pulled a fast one and I congratulate Gail
Norton for her actions in bringing some sanity to this issue.

> The DOI seems to be improving the quality and quantity of personnel in the
> national park/national forest system but there seems to be a long way to
> go.
> I'm interested even more now that I just bought a cabin adjacent to the
> Huron National Forest in northern Michigan's lower peninsula.

Ther's a big green war going on out West regarding private land holdings
near "raodless" and wilderness areas. They're trying to legally snatch a lot
of these parcels using eminent domain laws, etc. and we'll see how this
plays out over the next four years. The Rubico remains open partly because
there's private land right in the middle of the El Dorado NF and they're
guaranteed road access, which, of course, is the Rubicon. One gree radical
bunch is trying anew ploy to close the trail, saying that since there's a
helipad on the property, that constitutes access. Watch that space!

American cars Dave Antique cars 6 February 13th 05 04:27 PM
American vs German Quality Bill 2 Chrysler 223 December 14th 04 07:31 PM
American Collectors Insurance question. Dad Corvette 24 October 28th 04 07:24 PM
Where to find list of 1930's American Automobile Manufacturers [email protected] Antique cars 4 November 1st 03 06:44 AM