Are You Ready For Diesel Yet?

Old July 17th 05, 04:30 AM
Earle Horton

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> But in the U.S. propane is more expensive than gasoline-plus
> which many retailers will refuse to put it in a motor vehicle. On
> an RV this is no problem, you just mark it as "appliance fuel",
> but in a pickup or car you are screwed.

Heh, all the gas trucks run on propane here. And if you know people you can
always get your LP powered vehicle fueled up. Trips, you have to plan
ahead, but it is doable.

Earle

Old July 17th 05, 06:55 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Use two tanks pre heat fuel to a hundred and eighty degree and mix
with petro, which of course is gasoline.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 17th 05, 07:36 PM
Brandonb

These engines would be nice if they'd ever get them into production:

http://www.ox2engine.com/home.htm

Supposedly can use any combustible gas or liquid with no change to
engine between fuels. Anything from hydrogen to gasoline to diesel to
jet fuel.

Brandonb

Old July 17th 05, 11:11 PM

Mike Romain wrote:
> Are you going to build it up diesel?

I'm sure looking at it, if only because so many think it's not
possible. But there is no cheap solution-there are cheap engines, but
the sump is in the wrong place, and no Jeep transmission fits all that
well. And no one will build a kit, which would make it work.

Old July 18th 05, 12:33 AM

The OX2 is a concept engine. It is not inherently multifuel in
practice: a given engine will burn a given fuel.

The big difference is going to be, spark vs. compression ignition. The
spark engines will burn whatever spark ignition fuels it's set up for,
just like any common car engine can burn propane, CNG, alcohols, or
gasoline depending on carburetion or injection. You have to have a
separate fuel system for liquids and gases.

The compression igniition engines will burn diesel fuels, #1,#2,
suitable coal and veg oils, JP5, K-1 kerosene, et al.

Same as a regular piston engine.

Old July 18th 05, 02:10 AM
BillyRay

The Jeep WG's are available with diesel engines so all the bits and pieces
must be available.

oups.com...