Oil Consumption 2000 JGC V-8

Old October 14th 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Default Oil Consumption 2000 JGC V-8

Ditto, I have never had to add between oil changes of about 3500
miles, on '78 Bronco 350,000, '89 T-bird 300,000 miles without ever
having come apart. Using Pennzoil 20/50, no additives oil, nor gas.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 14th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

I didn't say I thought it was normal.... the manufacturers do..... and Bill
you know this because this is the standard they have used since, at least,
the 60s..

Doug, I don't question your knowledge of electronics diagnosis because I
accept your expertise in that specific field but had you read my entire post
rather than just the first line you would have noticed I mentioned the two
most possible mechanical problems and a low tech approach to each.

Had the OP a clogged CCV hose I assume he might have mentioned that his
airbox was full oil.

As far as a cloud of smoke I drove a Dodge that used quart every 1500 miles
for almost 100k and it never left a cloud behind or fouled the plugs
(although I used Bosch Platinums the whole time) I just added a quart at
1500 miles and changed it at 3000.

I drove that Dodge Aries (K Car) 168,000 miles and sold it in 1996 for $500
to a former (minimum wage)coworker who, as of last summer, still drove it.

Old October 14th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_7_]

I used to have an engine in my Suburban that burned a quart every three
hundred miles. Aside from a few puffs at startup, there was little visible
smoke. I did have to install four one inch aftermarket breathers, to get
all the blowby out of the engine compartment. Motor oil is, after all, a
flammable substance, and it can burn just as well on the outside of your
engine as in the cylinders.

Wrt Billy's comment, "That being said I would be surprised at that amount of
wear in an engine where synthetic had been used since new, or seals damaged
under those conditions." I see you have bought into the snake oil claims.
Synthetic, if you believe all the propaganda, is more resistant to breakdown
and less likely to form gel and sludge when maintenance intervals are
abused. Those are its only benefits, really. It does not lubricate any
better than the correct API/SAE grade of dino oil when new, and does not
allow more or less wear than dino oil, as long as proper change intervals
are maintained.

Earle

Old October 14th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Bill,
No, I don't know this. I've never owned a car that use a quart in a
thousand miles. starting with a
'52 ford: http://www.billhughes.com/temp/52ford.jpg
'58 Ford http://www.billhughes.com/temp/lancers.jpg
'36 ford: http://www.billhughes.com/woody.jpg
'53 Olds: http://www.billhughes.com/53olds.jpg
'57 Fords: http://www.billhughes.com/57Ford.jpg
'57 Fords: http://www.billhughes.com/57bird.jpg
'58 Ford: http://www.billhughes.com/baumholder.jpg
'59 Ford: http://www.billhughes.com/temp/nancy.jpg
'68 Jeep: http://www.billhughes.com/68jeep.jpg
'72 Ford: http://www.billhughes.com/temp/72ford4x4.jpg
'78 Bronco http://www.billhughes.com/429ford.jpg
'78 Mustang http://www.billhughes.com/temp/78stangLarry.jpg after my Son
crunched
'46 Jeep: http://www.billhughes.com/46jeep.jpg
'83 Mustang: http://www.billhughes.com/temp/84stangJamie.jpg
'84 T-Bird http://www.billhughes.com/temp/84TBird.jpg
'89 T-Bird http://www.billhughes.com/temp/89TBird.jpg
None of these car used oil between changes.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old October 14th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_7_]

Bill,

You're begging to start a flame war, aren't you?

You'd really like it if someone said, "Sure Bill, all those cars burned oil,
but you just won't admit it." Well, I won't be the one. ;^)

Earle

Old October 14th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Earle,

I liked your wording, it is so precise and misleading someone might mistake
you for a shyster or Demoncratic Politician.

I will agree that synthetics have limited superiority to dino spit when the
dino oil is new, the weather always remains moderate, and the oil and filter
are changed promptly at 3k or less mile intervals.

.. .

Old October 14th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_7_]

Or any Republican office holder, "We're not safe yet, but we're safer than
we were when we started [bombing the **** out of stone age Arabs]".
"There's an old Texas saying, 'Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me
twice...uh...duh...won't get fooled again." Or dad, "Read my lips, no new
taxes".

Crank bearings and other internal engine parts ride on a film of liquid oil,
by hydrostatic pressure. Wear comes from failure of the oil to be liquid,
unsufficient flow and contaminants in the liquid. Synthetic sort of
addresses the first problem, but not the second two.

Earle

Old October 15th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Hi Bill,
I would like to remind you that the word synthetic is not used like
synthetic rubber where the rubber is made from petroleum, rather than
any part of the rubber tree, as synthetic oil is refined from the same
petroleum products as you so called "dino" just one more cracker refine
step to basestocks.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 15th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Well I will swear on a stack of Bibles the cars I listed were never
low enough to add oil between changes. There were other cars I drove
that did, one was the parents '59 Dodge panel 383" that the head oil
return holes had clogged with slug. And I never owned a VW or Corvair.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 15th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

sludge, same thing.

> Well I will swear on a stack of Bibles the cars I listed were never
> low enough to add oil between changes. There were other cars I drove
> that did, one was the parents '59 Dodge panel 383" that the head oil
> return holes had clogged with slug. And I never owned a VW or Corvair.
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/

AWA [OFFER] OEM Fuel Filter for Volkswagen and Audi [email protected] General 0 November 29th 05 03:51 AM
93 Mustang tach shows 2000 rpm at idle. seems like 2000 rpm is thenew zero??? remove Ford Mustang 5 September 25th 05 06:40 PM
Misfires above 2000 RPM. JimS Jeep 5 March 14th 05 06:08 PM
'98 Ex Vs. 2000 Ex Simon H Ford Explorer 1 December 12th 04 08:48 PM
Lift options for 2000 Chevy Blazer Steve 4x4 4 June 15th 04 05:09 AM