Driving lessons in American schools

Old December 21st 04, 01:59 PM
DYM

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:25:23 -0600, "Dan J.S." > wrote:

>John Rowland wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Someone told me that American children learn to drive as part of the
>> school curriculum. This seems unlikely to me, because I can't really
>> see 30 cars and 30 driving instructors showing up at the school
>> simultaneously, so I'm wondering if I've been told the truth, and if
>> so, how does it work. Thanks in advance.

>Thats how it was for me. My Junior year of highschool we had drivers ed.
>There were about 20 cars in the program, plus simulators, and also
>propaganda videos (drinking and driving, etc)... then the 10 or so road
>drives and finally we got our license, right at 16. This was back in 1986
>for me (Lane Tech highs school in Chicago, Illinois)

I took driver ed in high school. We had one car, and the class cost
extra to take (public school). 25 years later our school district
doesn't offer it as it's too expensive. Local dealer was willing to
provide the car. But the school liability was too much. I had to teach
my daughter to drive.

DYM

Old December 23rd 04, 12:33 AM
Max

DTJ a écrit :
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:37:50 -0500, Sportster4Eva
> > wrote:

> snip
>
>>I remember that there may have been instructional classes in school, but
>>never any actual in-car driving lessons. You had to go to a driving
>>school for that.

> Gee, I guess your experience is exactly how it is in every ****ing
> school on the planet, then.

I never recieved any "instructional" class in school ever! Not even the
driving school!

--
http://www.saab-900.tk
Old December 23rd 04, 12:33 AM
Max

American cars Dave Antique cars 6 February 13th 05 04:27 PM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM
grrrr this is driving me insane here chatterx Dodge 6 May 26th 04 03:23 PM