Dumb question about Kia Pride radiator

Old December 20th 04, 10:22 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article >,
says...

>Yes, but if if you're only adding a little (quart/liter or less), use
>regular tap water. Besides, you should flush the cooling system every
>two years (unless the manual states otherwise).

If you use distilled water and change your coolant every two years, you
shouldn't have to flush it. Just replace the coolant.
----------------
Alex

Old December 22nd 04, 10:02 AM
Derek *

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:27:37 +0000, Matthew Haigh
> wrote:

>In article >, Huge >
>writes
>>Alex Rodriguez > writes:
>>>use distilled water, not tap water.

>>Garbage.
>>
>>I've never used anything other than tap water in 30 years of car ownership.
>>

>But presumably you don't live in a place where when you make someone a
>cup of tea and ask "One lump or two?" you are asking about the water,
>not the sugar :-)
>In a soft water area, I'd just use tap water (and did for many years and
>many 100s of thousands of miles). In a hard water area, it isn't such a
>good idea.

It must depend on how much water the car is using. Half a pint in 2
years won't make much difference. Half a pint twice a week just might.

It must also make a difference where it's going to. If it's getting lost
by evaporation it must be worse than if it's leaking out.

DG
Old December 22nd 04, 10:02 AM
Derek *