Radio automatic turnoff: nothing can go wrong go wrong go wrong

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 13th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.tech, alt.autos.gm
Ad absurdum per aspera

Default Radio automatic turnoff: nothing can go wrong go wrong go wrong

I think I found a bug^undocumented feature of wildcard utility...

Current-ish model 4-door Impala (2007, I think, though conceivably an
'08) in our motor pool. When you turn the ignition switch off and
close the door, the radio goes off. So far so good.

Then you realize you need to log the mileage. You go back into the
car through the *passenger* side (since it's easier to get at in this
parking space), turn the key to activate the electronic odometer, turn
off the switch, withdraw the key, lock the locks, leave.

Some minutes later you go back to the car and discover that the radio
is still on! Yep, the computer is only smart enough to offer a
radio auto-offer via the dome light switch in the driver's side
door. Go in through the passenger side and you could end up
serenading the spiders under the trunk lid all night, or until the
battery went dead, whichever came first...

This is repeatable. Shifter's in Park, key is off and out, radio's
playing. (Also determined that any transition of the driver's-side
door when the key is out will shut down the radio.)

Not sure whether this is a design oversight or just part of the
groundwork for the upcoming robot insurrection,
--Joe

Wrong Oil :( [email protected] General 1 February 26th 07 06:40 AM
Wrong Oil :( [email protected] Driving 1 February 21st 07 03:13 AM
What is wrong? TC Simulators 3 November 13th 05 03:50 AM
OT Is it wrong of me to think... Shag VW air cooled 91 September 8th 05 04:42 AM
what's wrong with my car? Michael Hamm General 3 June 24th 05 04:14 AM