Some air-cooled fun

Old May 3rd 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Default Tail of the Dragon Crash - Was - Some air-cooled fun

Hey Shag,

When is the next time you are going out to the Dragon? I live near
Winston-Salem and we could meet up for a ride. I have been filmed on the
Dragon (he was on an FJ 1300) (while I on my '95 Goldwing) scraping pegs and
parts in every corner. I know that it just seems to happen that the corners
keep coming up faster and faster.

Fweem.

Dave

--
David A. Tosi
Facilities Manager

Also an antique VW nut!
oups.com...

Old May 3rd 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Jamin wrote:
> on 5/2/06 7:35 PM, Bryan wrote:
>
>> I doubt anyone would ever call Andrew a squid. He is the real deal.

> Sometimes Andrew smells like calamari.

I might on Sunday.
Are you still thinking of riding?

--
Andrew
00 Daytona
Old May 3rd 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Default alt.motorcycle.organdonors - was - Tail of the Dragon Crash

"Bryan" > wrote in message

> Shameless top post and cross-post.
>
> subject: How not to ride a motorcycle or Squid on cruiser.... Story and
> pics follow.

.............This thread has been a good read with lots of interesting
viewpoints being exchanged. I never rode a two-wheeler myself that didn't
have pedals in my life except for a Lambretta about thirty five years ago
(no helmet!). Now I know what a squid is (and isn't). I now also know that
the Shagmeister's fame has spread far and wide so much so that he must be
ready to move on to alt.skydiving.bareassednaked where he should be a brief
but at least interesting 'hit'.

..........And don't any of you Hells Angels wannabes go to thinking that I've
no business even reading what you gentlemen are saying. I've been working in
hospitals since '73 and I've seen more bikers crying to have their bedpan
emptied than there are curves on that Dragon's Tail. Can you say 'full body
cast'?

timmy

Old May 3rd 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

On Wed, 03 May 2006 19:34:16 GMT, "Tim Rogers" >
wrote:

>"Bryan" > wrote in message
>>
>> Shameless top post and cross-post.
>>
>> subject: How not to ride a motorcycle or Squid on cruiser.... Story and
>> pics follow.
>>

>............This thread has been a good read with lots of interesting
>viewpoints being exchanged. I never rode a two-wheeler myself that didn't
>have pedals in my life except for a Lambretta about thirty five years ago
>(no helmet!). Now I know what a squid is (and isn't). I now also know that
>the Shagmeister's fame has spread far and wide so much so that he must be
>ready to move on to alt.skydiving.bareassednaked where he should be a brief
>but at least interesting 'hit'.
>
>.........And don't any of you Hells Angels wannabes go to thinking that I've
>no business even reading what you gentlemen are saying. I've been working in
>hospitals since '73 and I've seen more bikers crying to have their bedpan
>emptied than there are curves on that Dragon's Tail. Can you say 'full body
>cast'?
>

>timmy

Can you say 'I'll just knock the bitch on the floor, and
little Timmy can clean it up' ? :-)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Old May 3rd 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

> wrote in message
>
> Can you say 'I'll just knock the bitch on the floor, and
> little Timmy can clean it up' ? :-)

................Once you're strapped into that wheelchair, there's no bad
language allowed. Just please and thank you and may I be pushed over to that
window where I can see the little birds singing in the trees.

Old May 3rd 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

On Wed, 03 May 2006 20:03:50 GMT, "Dave Tosi" >
wrote:

> Hey Tim,
>
> I've been a paramedic for 26 years, working on ambulances and in emergency
>departments; and I also rode (and still ride) my bikes fast and slow. Yes
>there are some tragic cases, however, there are still more auto victims than
>bikers.
>
> Keep up the good work patching them up and I'll keep bringing them in -
>when I'm not our ridin' the Dragon!
>
> Fweem.
>
> Dave

Oh god, another Dave !!!!

Oh well ... put 'im in the pile over in the corner with the
rest of them .....

> --
> David A. Tosi
> Facilities Manager
> Habitat Re-Store
> 3826 High Point Road
> Greensboro, NC 27407
>
> Also an antique VW nut!
. ..

Old May 3rd 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

wrote:

> On Wed, 03 May 2006 19:34:16 GMT, "Tim Rogers" >
> wrote:
> > .........And don't any of you Hells Angels wannabes go to thinking
> > that I've no business even reading what you gentlemen are saying.
> > I've been working in hospitals since '73 and I've seen more bikers
> > crying to have their bedpan emptied than there are curves on that
> > Dragon's Tail. Can you say 'full body cast'?
> >

> > timmy

> Can you say 'I'll just knock the bitch on the floor, and
> little Timmy can clean it up' ? :-)

And then you get a catheter. Woo hoo, you win!

Rule #1: When helpless, don't **** off s/he who can make your life
either more or less pleasant.

--
Albert Nurick | "Everyone is entitled to his own
| opinion, but not his own facts."
www.nurick.com |
04 FJR1300A / RCOS #7 | - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Old May 3rd 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Tim Rogers wrote:

> .........And don't any of you Hells Angels wannabes go to thinking that I've
> no business even reading what you gentlemen are saying. I've been working in
> hospitals since '73 and I've seen more bikers crying to have their bedpan
> emptied than there are curves on that Dragon's Tail. Can you say 'full body
> cast'?

Can you say "2/3's of all motorcycle accidents are caused by idiot
clueless cagers violating the rider's right-of-way"?

I knew you could!

Old May 3rd 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

On Wed, 03 May 2006 20:28:52 GMT, "Albert Nurick" >

>> On Wed, 03 May 2006 19:34:16 GMT, "Tim Rogers" >
>> wrote:
>> > .........And don't any of you Hells Angels wannabes go to thinking
>> > that I've no business even reading what you gentlemen are saying.
>> > I've been working in hospitals since '73 and I've seen more bikers
>> > crying to have their bedpan emptied than there are curves on that
>> > Dragon's Tail. Can you say 'full body cast'?
>> >

>> > timmy

>> Can you say 'I'll just knock the bitch on the floor, and
>> little Timmy can clean it up' ? :-)

>And then you get a catheter. Woo hoo, you win!
>
>Rule #1: When helpless, don't **** off s/he who can make your life
>either more or less pleasant.

Indeed :-)

Old May 3rd 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

On 3 May 2006 13:36:10 -0700, wrote:

>Tim Rogers wrote:
>
>> .........And don't any of you Hells Angels wannabes go to thinking that I've
>> no business even reading what you gentlemen are saying. I've been working in
>> hospitals since '73 and I've seen more bikers crying to have their bedpan
>> emptied than there are curves on that Dragon's Tail. Can you say 'full body
>> cast'?

>Can you say "2/3's of all motorcycle accidents are caused by idiot
>clueless cagers violating the rider's right-of-way"?
>
>I knew you could!

Can you say 'The guy in the bed don't really care' ?