Some air-cooled fun

Old May 4th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Default alt.motorcycle.organdonors - was - Tail of the Dragon Crash

From: Tim Rogers
Once you're strapped into that wheelchair, there's no bad
language allowed. Just please and thank you and may I be pushed over to
that
window where I can see the little birds singing in the trees.

-------------------

Tim.... you don't know me or my background or motives or anything about
me..(I think others on here do already) but I hardly advocate bragging
about crashing...and being stupid about riding....

However, I beg to differ with you on this statement. Sounds a bit like
you may be doing a Nurse Ratchet impression. I have a niece who's an RN
at a high trauma hospital in the Chicago area and hear many stories
from her about her patients....and there isn't one of them that loses
the ability to voice their opinions loud and clear in the manner you
are suggesting. If not in a coma, you can be sure they have not lost
their ability to strongly voice their opinions....and often times,
please and thank you get left out of the equation.

While it's always good to show respect to the nurses and doctors that
take care of you and I highly advocate it.....nurses don't treat you
any worse if you are bitching, moaning, groaning or whatever....and I
don't think patients should have to be screaming to get the attention
that they deserve in a hospital....or have to beg for anything. Since
when is it okay to mistreat a patient because they got in an accident?
No matter who's fault it is?

Old May 4th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

On 3 May 2006 18:38:58 -0700, "Beckyboo" > wrote:

>From: Tim Rogers
>Once you're strapped into that wheelchair, there's no bad
>language allowed. Just please and thank you and may I be pushed over to
>that
>window where I can see the little birds singing in the trees.
>
>-------------------
>
>Tim.... you don't know me or my background or motives or anything about
>me..(I think others on here do already) but I hardly advocate bragging
>about crashing...and being stupid about riding....
>
>However, I beg to differ with you on this statement. Sounds a bit like
>you may be doing a Nurse Ratchet impression. I have a niece who's an RN
>at a high trauma hospital in the Chicago area and hear many stories
>from her about her patients....and there isn't one of them that loses
>the ability to voice their opinions loud and clear in the manner you
>are suggesting. If not in a coma, you can be sure they have not lost
>their ability to strongly voice their opinions....and often times,
>please and thank you get left out of the equation.

Oh, come on, he was making a joke ( I think ??? ).

>While it's always good to show respect to the nurses and doctors that
>take care of you and I highly advocate it.....nurses don't treat you
>any worse if you are bitching, moaning, groaning or whatever....and I
>don't think patients should have to be screaming to get the attention
>that they deserve in a hospital....or have to beg for anything. Since
>when is it okay to mistreat a patient because they got in an accident?
>No matter who's fault it is?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Old May 4th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Oh, come on, he was making a joke ( I think ??? ).

-----

Don't know for sure, read all his posts before commenting and he said
he's worked in a hospital since 73...maybe Beckboo needs to turn in her
resignation until her sense of humor returns....hopefully sometime in
the next few weeks or less....too raw now from that death in the
family. I guess I'm missing the humor. Lightening up may be the order
of the day.

Becky

Old May 4th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

"Beckyboo" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> However, I beg to differ with you on this statement. Sounds a bit like
> you may be doing a Nurse Ratchet impression.

....................I'm not a nurse but I've been working with a lot of them
for a long time.

> I have a niece who's an RN
> at a high trauma hospital in the Chicago area and hear many stories
> from her about her patients....and there isn't one of them that loses
> the ability to voice their opinions loud and clear in the manner you
> are suggesting. If not in a coma, you can be sure they have not lost
> their ability to strongly voice their opinions....and often times,
> please and thank you get left out of the equation.

....................Most nurses demand and get civility and respect if not
politeness from their patients and the patient's families. My response was
to another poster who was talking like he didn't quite understand that
reality. There aren't too many patients who don't understand what I'm saying
after the first few days in a hospital. Voicing an opinion isn't equivalent
to "throwing the bitch down" now is it?

> While it's always good to show respect to the nurses and doctors that
> take care of you and I highly advocate it.....nurses don't treat you
> any worse if you are bitching, moaning, groaning or whatever....and I
> don't think patients should have to be screaming to get the attention
> that they deserve in a hospital....or have to beg for anything. Since
> when is it okay to mistreat a patient because they got in an accident?
> No matter who's fault it is?

...............Nobody, least of all me is a proponent of mistreatment. Just
don't think that you can talk trash to your nurse and then get a smile and a
back rub afterwards. If you're begging for attention or treatment, you'll
likely get it no matter what the nursing staff thinks of you as a person.
The more likely result from bad behavior is that you end up seeing a
different face at the door every day until and if someone decides that they
want to take care of you out of turn. Keep bitching, complaining and
screaming and that might never happen.

Old May 4th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Beckyboo wrote:
> From: Tim Rogers
> Once you're strapped into that wheelchair, there's no bad
> language allowed. Just please and thank you and may I be pushed over to
> that
> window where I can see the little birds singing in the trees.
>
> -------------------
>
> Tim.... you don't know me or my background or motives or anything about
> me..(I think others on here do already) but I hardly advocate bragging
> about crashing...and being stupid about riding....
>
> However, I beg to differ with you on this statement. Sounds a bit like
> you may be doing a Nurse Ratchet impression. I have a niece who's an RN
> at a high trauma hospital in the Chicago area and hear many stories
> from her about her patients....and there isn't one of them that loses
> the ability to voice their opinions loud and clear in the manner you
> are suggesting. If not in a coma, you can be sure they have not lost
> their ability to strongly voice their opinions....and often times,
> please and thank you get left out of the equation.
>
> While it's always good to show respect to the nurses and doctors that
> take care of you and I highly advocate it.....nurses don't treat you
> any worse if you are bitching, moaning, groaning or whatever....and I
> don't think patients should have to be screaming to get the attention
> that they deserve in a hospital....or have to beg for anything. Since
> when is it okay to mistreat a patient because they got in an accident?
> No matter who's fault it is?

It's the little things.......no magazines, being left on the bedpan,
unplug the 'buzzer', not move you into the TV lounge in time for the
programme you want to watch, cold body wash, no sugar in your
coffee/tea, salty meals, being woken through the night...'just
checking'...., painkillers arriving half an hour after you need them,
'painful' injections......and the list goes on. Nurses have an arsenal
of tricks to get even with annoying patients.

I spent six months in bed/wheelchairs and saw it happen, but only to
people who were being assholes to the staff, so they deserved it.
nursing is a ****ty enough job without being hassled by inconsiderate
patients.
Old May 4th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Keep bitching, complaining and
screaming and that might never happen.

-------

Took what you posted out of context then, my apologies.....and didn't
realize that such nasty patients as this really existed but you would
know better.....

Makes much more sense now.

Becky

Old May 4th 06, 11:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Default Tail of the Dragon Crash - Was - Some air-cooled fun

on 5/3/06 9:18 AM, Andrew wrote:

> I might on Sunday.
> Are you still thinking of riding?

It's a possibility. No specific plans just yet.

--
Jamin
"I don't want a pickle..."

Old May 4th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

I missed the post where someone bragged about crashing. Can someone
point me to that one? :-)

Old May 4th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Glad you are still having adventures. Are you going to get a vw again?
You have not reached your limits yet....Don't listen to negative
feedback.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=32090944&f="Den's
Dogs</a>

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's