94 Ford Explorer IAC ??

Old August 15th 05, 04:16 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default 94 Ford Explorer IAC ??

I'm looking for the IAC on this SUV and I see three devices, can someone
help me identify the idle air control valve?
tnx
Hank

Old August 15th 05, 07:17 PM
Chris

Hey Henry,

If you are standing on the drivers side of the engine compartment (by the
battery), and looking at the top of the engine (on top of the intake
manifold) you'll see a more-or-less cylindrical object bolted on with 2
bolts. That's your IAC valve. There is a 2-wire connection to the IAC as
well.

I'm assuming you need to clean it. Just unbolt from the intake manifold,
then have at it with a can of throttle body cleaner.

For reference, the Autozone online manuals are very helpful for identifying
and servicing parts.

http://www1.autozone.com/servlet/UiB...r ameters=002

Good luck.

Chris

. ..

Old August 15th 05, 08:18 PM
Big Shoe

Note that you have to first remove the plastic cover from over the top
of the engine so that you can see and get to the IAC. I had mixed
experience cleaning the valve on my '99, probably better to get a new
one.