Looking for a tire recommendation

Old January 26th 19, 09:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
David LaRue[_2_]

Default Looking for a tire recommendation

Hello,

I don't know if anyone still checks out this group, but I thought it might
bring people out of the woodwork. I have a 1982 Corvette that is getting
ready for new tires. The old ones are from the last batch of Eagle GT IIs
that were available in this area (SE Florida, USA). It had Eagle GTs
before that. The car is used for general driving and the rare track
holiday. I'd like to find tires made in the USA by a recognizable company.
The local dealers are selling all kinds of foreign tires that I've had no
experience with. Thus far I've not seen anything I like. I was wondering
if someone here might have a recommendation as to what to look for.

Thank you,

David
Old January 27th 19, 02:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

David;
I you may want to take a look at tirerack.com. You input your car info
and what you want to do with t and they make recommendations for the
best tires to fit your needs. I went thru them for my C4 and got a
great deal on Firestones for less than half of the goodyear prices. I
have had them on the car since 2007. My wife and I both autocrossed
with it in Md with the SCCA and the tires are still good. Hope this
helps.
Ron

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 20:55:34 +0000 (UTC), David LaRue

Old January 27th 19, 07:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
David LaRue[_2_]

Ron,

Thank you for the recommendation. They have two suggestions, one of
which might do. At least they still go back beyond 1982 on their lists.
Many other sites cut off at 1984 or later. We still have 1950 era cars
in my area. They are beautiful. I'll keep looking. The Goodrich tires
they recommend might look good on my car.

Thank you,

David

wrote in
:

> David;
> I you may want to take a look at tirerack.com. You input your car info
> and what you want to do with t and they make recommendations for the
> best tires to fit your needs. I went thru them for my C4 and got a
> great deal on Firestones for less than half of the goodyear prices. I
> have had them on the car since 2007. My wife and I both autocrossed
> with it in Md with the SCCA and the tires are still good. Hope this
> helps.
> Ron
>
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 20:55:34 +0000 (UTC), David LaRue
> > wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I don't know if anyone still checks out this group, but I thought it
>>might bring people out of the woodwork. I have a 1982 Corvette that
>>is getting ready for new tires. The old ones are from the last batch
>>of Eagle GT IIs that were available in this area (SE Florida, USA).
>>It had Eagle GTs before that. The car is used for general driving and
>>the rare track holiday. I'd like to find tires made in the USA by a
>>recognizable company. The local dealers are selling all kinds of
>>foreign tires that I've had no experience with. Thus far I've not
>>seen anything I like. I was wondering if someone here might have a
>>recommendation as to what to look for.
>>
>>Thank you,
>>
>>David

Wheel bearing or tire noise? Subtopic tire recommendation please. tonyw VW water cooled 3 July 11th 10 08:21 AM
Tire Recommendation for C5's M Corvette 7 December 13th 05 08:39 PM
Ford's new tire recommendation stevie Ford Explorer 4 June 1st 05 03:40 PM
Recommendation for tire ppp-man BMW 7 February 3rd 05 07:55 AM
Need Tire Recommendation for 97 E39 md BMW 5 September 21st 04 08:27 PM