Price of Diesel?

Old December 2nd 04, 01:48 AM
SoK66

Default Price of Diesel?

Does anyone have any ideas why diesel is selling at or above premium
gasoline?

Old December 2nd 04, 03:14 AM
HomeBrewer

> Does anyone have any ideas why diesel is selling at or above premium
> gasoline?

It's price is tied to the demand for heating oil...If you live up north
where they use oil for heat, diesel will be more expensive. Down here in FL
it's usually cheaper than 87 octane.
--
_____________________
HomeBrewer

Old December 2nd 04, 03:14 AM
HomeBrewer

Old December 2nd 04, 04:39 AM
SoK66

"HomeBrewer" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone have any ideas why diesel is selling at or above premium
>> gasoline?

> It's price is tied to the demand for heating oil...If you live up north
> where they use oil for heat, diesel will be more expensive. Down here in
> FL it's usually cheaper than 87 octane.

I live in the Four Corners, here diesel is the same or more than premium. No
one here uses heating oil, you probably couldn't buy it here if you tried.
Last time I checked the National price of diesel was much higher than
regular. Odd, since diesel is basically kerosene and much easier to refine
than gas.

Old December 2nd 04, 04:39 AM
SoK66

Old December 2nd 04, 03:29 PM
Mike Romain

Do you have a diesel Jeep?

If not, why bring up this diesel off topic bull **** again?

I am certain the only Jeeps that have diesel are in Europe and they
could care less about the price of it in the USA.

Here is a link to the newsgroup Charter. I think maybe it's time you
browsed it.

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announc...rs.jeep+willys

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 2nd 04, 03:29 PM
Mike Romain

Old December 2nd 04, 04:51 PM
SoK66

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> Do you have a diesel Jeep?>

I have a diesel pickup which I use to trailer my two Jeeps.

> If not, why bring up this diesel off topic bull **** again?>

It's a topic of general interest. Some of us want the answer, sorry if our
conversations annoy you.

> I am certain the only Jeeps that have diesel are in Europe and they could
> care less about the price of it in the USA.>

You would be wrong, and not for the first time. Liberty diesels for North
America are on their way and will arrive at dealers soon. If the price of
diesel stays where it is, then there's no economic rationale for the diesel
option.

> Here is a link to the newsgroup Charter. I think maybe it's time you
> browsed it.>

Mike, I think maybe you just need to chill out. This NG isn't your private
forum. Frankly your condescending attitude towards some posters on-topic
questions, incuding mine, have been annoying, rude, know-it-all driven and
inappropriate. We appreciate your participation, however you could tone it
down a bit.

Old December 2nd 04, 04:51 PM
SoK66

Old December 2nd 04, 05:23 PM
William Oliveri

HomeBrewer,

That's a purdy engine :-). What is that mesh covering around the radiator
hoses?

Your website says you're in Florida, did you relocate to 4 corners area?
How do you like it?

Bill

"HomeBrewer" > wrote in message
> > Does anyone have any ideas why diesel is selling at or above premium
> > gasoline?

> It's price is tied to the demand for heating oil...If you live up north
> where they use oil for heat, diesel will be more expensive. Down here in

FL
> it's usually cheaper than 87 octane.
> --
> HomeBrewer
> 76-81-85CJ7
> http://85cj7.blogspot.com/
> All in one Jeep

77 GMC Sierra diesel 4x4 questions Aegeas 4x4 1 October 20th 04 07:54 AM
Is all diesel the same? Jonno Audi 4 May 18th 04 07:55 PM
Jeep Liberty - What would be a good price from a dealer ? Croa Crapaud 4x4 4 January 23rd 04 09:43 PM
Any word on US versions of the diesel Jeep Liberty or diesel Land Rover Discovery? Exit 4x4 36 January 20th 04 04:12 PM