Price of Diesel?

Old December 2nd 04, 05:23 PM
William Oliveri

HomeBrewer,

That's a purdy engine :-). What is that mesh covering around the radiator
hoses?

Your website says you're in Florida, did you relocate to 4 corners area?
How do you like it?

Bill

"HomeBrewer" > wrote in message
> > Does anyone have any ideas why diesel is selling at or above premium
> > gasoline?

> It's price is tied to the demand for heating oil...If you live up north
> where they use oil for heat, diesel will be more expensive. Down here in

FL

Old December 2nd 04, 06:32 PM
SoK66

I think you've got the wrong poster, I don't have a website.

Old December 2nd 04, 06:32 PM
SoK66

Old December 2nd 04, 06:51 PM
HomeBrewer

The mesh is from local auto parts store...they have it in all sizes, but I
didn't put it on there it came on it when I bought the engine. I'm still in
Fl, but not familiar with 4 corners, where is that exactly?

--
_____________________
HomeBrewer

Old December 2nd 04, 06:51 PM
HomeBrewer

Old December 2nd 04, 06:56 PM
William Oliveri

yeah, I confused two posters. Sorry. 4 corners is in AZ UT NM and CO....
out west.

Old December 2nd 04, 06:56 PM
William Oliveri

Old December 2nd 04, 08:32 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Thanks you.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 2nd 04, 08:32 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Thanks you.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 2nd 04, 11:41 PM
F. Robert Falbo

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:39:23 -0700, SoK66 wrote:

>>> Does anyone have any ideas why diesel is selling at or above premium
>>> gasoline?

>> It's price is tied to the demand for heating oil...If you live up north
>> where they use oil for heat, diesel will be more expensive. Down here in
>> FL it's usually cheaper than 87 octane.

> Last time I checked the National price of diesel was much higher than
> regular. Odd, since diesel is basically kerosene and much easier to refine
> than gas.

Well, Diesel is actually just a bit better than home heating oil. Yes, it
does come out lower on the cracker than gasoline, but its also lower than
kerosene. Diesel could be thought of as cleaner #2 fuel with less parafin
and impurities, but with the addition of some additives. For cold
climates, kerosene is blended to improve starting and flow characteristics.

Diesel costs more than gas because States tax all Diesel fuel as if you
were driving a tractor-trailer. So really, anyone who drives a diesel
car, pickup, or SUV is getting overcharged because the tax is based on a
tractor-trailer's wear & tear on the roads, not a smaller vehicle.

Sounds to me like the basis for a class-action suite.

--

-bob-

77 GMC Sierra diesel 4x4 questions Aegeas 4x4 1 October 20th 04 07:54 AM
Is all diesel the same? Jonno Audi 4 May 18th 04 07:55 PM
Jeep Liberty - What would be a good price from a dealer ? Croa Crapaud 4x4 4 January 23rd 04 09:43 PM
Any word on US versions of the diesel Jeep Liberty or diesel Land Rover Discovery? Exit 4x4 36 January 20th 04 04:12 PM