Price of Diesel?

Old December 6th 04, 11:43 PM
Dave Milne

A Volvo TD ?? Never heard of that one.

The only TDs I know of are the 2.7 CRD ( found in GC - and is a Mercedes
derived engine)
and the 2.8 CRD ( found in the Liberty - and is a VM engine ). The XJ had a
2.5 CRD VM engine as well.

The 2.8 CRD looks good - on paper it puts out the same as my 5.9 AMC
Wagoneer engine
(295 lb/ft @1800 and 160 hp)

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

oups.com...

Old December 6th 04, 11:59 PM
Ted

The Volvo has to be a swap. The only Volvo car with a diesel sold here
had the six cylinder VW engine which was troublesome. It would lose
compression at roughly 100K miles and the car usually was scrapped or
converted to US V6 or V8 gas power. Volvo makes some supposedly great
engines but they aren't sold here and never went in Volvo cars in any
case, the carmaking portion of Volvo having been sold to Ford, I think.
Saab is GM.

We haven't had that much experience Stateside with CRD Benz
engines-Benz quit selling diesels here for a four or five year
period.(Ironically the first we may see of them is in the Thielert
TAE125!) The OM 617 is the only Benz engine in auto trim you will find
here. Thermo King reefer units and gensets used the fours but TK went
to Isuzu almost twenty years ago, and the Benz fours-which might be OK
for a flatfender if you put a turbo and a centrifugal governor pump on
them-are way too small for a TJ-YJ.

Old December 6th 04, 11:59 PM
Ted

[...]

77 GMC Sierra diesel 4x4 questions Aegeas 4x4 1 October 20th 04 07:54 AM
Is all diesel the same? Jonno Audi 4 May 18th 04 07:55 PM
Jeep Liberty - What would be a good price from a dealer ? Croa Crapaud 4x4 4 January 23rd 04 09:43 PM
Any word on US versions of the diesel Jeep Liberty or diesel Land Rover Discovery? Exit 4x4 36 January 20th 04 04:12 PM