4WD part-time light question

Old December 7th 04, 01:14 AM
Kevin in San Diego

my 88 non disconnect has a switch in the tcase that makes the light work. It
also has a hard time in 4wd part time. full time works, low works but part
time 4wd is iffy for the light even though it shifts well.
KH

Old December 7th 04, 05:29 PM
Snow

Ok seams like its just the bulb or wire to the bulb which is bad. Had a
couple inches of snow yesterday so too the J**P out and around the
neighbourhood tried 4wd hi several times while goosing the gas around
corners, wife watched and said that once I managed to get all 4 wheels to
spin on a straight stretch when I floored it from a complete stop. If the
weather gets nicer over the next couple days I'll look more into the bulb
and wiring, if not I'll make a project on the list for next spring. Thanks
for all your suggestions.

Snow...

Old December 7th 04, 06:33 PM
Mike Romain

I believe I have read here that the parts stores carry lots of those
switches. They are on the tranny and fail lots it would seem.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's