GC/Magnum price difference??!!

Old December 5th 04, 11:50 PM
Jack Carter

Default GC/Magnum price difference??!!

Which one of you experts is going to tell me why there's a $5K difference
between a Grand Cherokee Limited and a Dodge Magnum RT, both equipped with
Hemis, AWD and pretty well loaded? No wonder they're selling RTs as fast as
they can build 'em.

Old December 6th 04, 12:10 AM
DougW

Jack Carter did pass the time by typing:
> Which one of you experts is going to tell me why there's a $5K difference
> between a Grand Cherokee Limited and a Dodge Magnum RT, both equipped with
> Hemis, AWD and pretty well loaded? No wonder they're selling RTs as fast as
> they can build 'em.

That and the RT looks awsome.

...for a station wagon that is..

Actually, I'm looking at the RT as a possible next vehicle
after the ZJ.

--
DougW

Old December 6th 04, 12:10 AM
DougW

Old December 6th 04, 12:49 AM
Lon

Jack Carter proclaimed:

> Which one of you experts is going to tell me why there's a $5K difference
> between a Grand Cherokee Limited and a Dodge Magnum RT, both equipped with
> Hemis, AWD and pretty well loaded? No wonder they're selling RTs as fast as
> they can build 'em.

...because they can get it?
Old December 6th 04, 12:49 AM
Lon

Jack Carter proclaimed:

> Which one of you experts is going to tell me why there's a $5K difference
> between a Grand Cherokee Limited and a Dodge Magnum RT, both equipped with
> Hemis, AWD and pretty well loaded? No wonder they're selling RTs as fast as
> they can build 'em.

...because they can get it?
Old December 6th 04, 05:09 AM
John Davies

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 18:50:11 -0500, "Jack Carter"
> wrote:

>Which one of you experts is going to tell me why there's a $5K difference
>between a Grand Cherokee Limited and a Dodge Magnum RT, both equipped with
>Hemis, AWD and pretty well loaded? No wonder they're selling RTs as fast as
>they can build 'em.

Are you sure that the Magnum AWD is available with the Hemi? I just
read a Car and Driver mini test that seemed to say that it was only
available with the smaller non-hemi engine.

I drove a new Chrysler 300 a while back - the Hemi is a pretty potent
powerplant and the car is very nice. The wagon looks really mean in
person.

John

John Davies TLCA 14732
http://home.comcast.net/~johnedavies/
'96 Lexus LX450
'00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro
Spokane WA USA
Old December 6th 04, 05:09 AM
John Davies

Old December 6th 04, 01:36 PM
Snow

> Are you sure that the Magnum AWD is available with the Hemi? I just
> read a Car and Driver mini test that seemed to say that it was only
> available with the smaller non-hemi engine.
>
> I drove a new Chrysler 300 a while back - the Hemi is a pretty potent
> powerplant and the car is very nice. The wagon looks really mean in
> person.

Magnum is NOT AWD, currently it is offered only rear-drive format. YES the
Magnum comes with the Hemi. The Magnum and the 300 are for all purposes the
same vehicle. They are both built on the same platform, with the exact same
engine line up. Difference is the obvious body style.

Snow... "ALL Dodge Magnums and Chrysler 300's are proudly Made in CANADA"
93 XJ.

Old December 6th 04, 01:36 PM
Snow

Old December 6th 04, 01:50 PM
PoBoy

Up in Canada, the magnum hemi is 42K while JGC Ltd is scraping
57K

Snow wrote:
>>Are you sure that the Magnum AWD is available with the Hemi? I just
>>read a Car and Driver mini test that seemed to say that it was only
>>available with the smaller non-hemi engine.
>>
>>I drove a new Chrysler 300 a while back - the Hemi is a pretty potent
>>powerplant and the car is very nice. The wagon looks really mean in
>>person.

> Magnum is NOT AWD, currently it is offered only rear-drive format. YES the
> Magnum comes with the Hemi. The Magnum and the 300 are for all purposes the
> same vehicle. They are both built on the same platform, with the exact same
> engine line up. Difference is the obvious body style.
>
> Snow... "ALL Dodge Magnums and Chrysler 300's are proudly Made in CANADA"
> 93 XJ.

Performance difference between manual and Tiptronic. RAFAL KRAWCZYK Audi 0 January 12th 05 11:37 PM
New 2003 vette price PETE Corvette 6 September 26th 04 05:16 AM
Jeep Liberty - What would be a good price from a dealer ? Croa Crapaud 4x4 4 January 23rd 04 09:43 PM