GC/Magnum price difference??!!

Old December 6th 04, 01:50 PM
PoBoy

Up in Canada, the magnum hemi is 42K while JGC Ltd is scraping
57K

Old December 6th 04, 03:36 PM
Jack Carter

Funny.....The Magnum I just saw said "Hemi" on the front sides, "RT" on the
right rear and "AWD" on the left rear of the hatchback.

.. .

Old December 6th 04, 03:36 PM
Jack Carter

Funny.....The Magnum I just saw said "Hemi" on the front sides, "RT" on the
right rear and "AWD" on the left rear of the hatchback.

.. .

Old December 6th 04, 04:22 PM
Mike Hall

"Jack Carter" > wrote in message
> Funny.....The Magnum I just saw said "Hemi" on the front sides, "RT" on
> the
> right rear and "AWD" on the left rear of the hatchback.
>

> "Snow" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> > Are you sure that the Magnum AWD is available with the Hemi? I just
>> > read a Car and Driver mini test that seemed to say that it was only
>> > available with the smaller non-hemi engine.
>> >
>> > I drove a new Chrysler 300 a while back - the Hemi is a pretty potent
>> > powerplant and the car is very nice. The wagon looks really mean in
>> > person.

>> Magnum is NOT AWD, currently it is offered only rear-drive format. YES

> the
>> Magnum comes with the Hemi. The Magnum and the 300 are for all purposes

> the
>> same vehicle. They are both built on the same platform, with the exact

> same
>> engine line up. Difference is the obvious body style.
>>
>> Snow... "ALL Dodge Magnums and Chrysler 300's are proudly Made in
>> CANADA"
>> 93 XJ.

My local dealer has one of each side by side in the showroom.. there is more
than just a price difference.. AWD v QuadraDrive II.. towing capacity..
ground clearance.. general styling..

Both are ok but I would have thought that they are aimed at different market
sectors..

Old December 6th 04, 04:22 PM
Mike Hall

Old December 7th 04, 12:22 AM
Snow

Well its amazing what you can learn in a day..lol
just went and double checked chryslers website and sure enough the magnum
does have an AWD option, in fact it has 2 AWD options available (they seem
more of a difference in trim levels and engine). Last I heard Chrysler
wasn't bringing these out until 2006 when they plan to unveil the sedan
version.

Snow...

Old December 7th 04, 12:22 AM
Snow

Old December 7th 04, 04:02 AM
Lon

John Davies proclaimed:

> On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 18:50:11 -0500, "Jack Carter"
> > wrote:
>

>>Which one of you experts is going to tell me why there's a $5K difference
>>between a Grand Cherokee Limited and a Dodge Magnum RT, both equipped with
>>Hemis, AWD and pretty well loaded? No wonder they're selling RTs as fast as
>>they can build 'em.
>>

> Are you sure that the Magnum AWD is available with the Hemi? I just
> read a Car and Driver mini test that seemed to say that it was only
> available with the smaller non-hemi engine.

You may have gotten that backwards. See http://www.autoweek.com/

"...the Chrysler Group’s 300 and Magnum family of vehicles, all of which
are available with awd save the base V6 models."

> I drove a new Chrysler 300 a while back - the Hemi is a pretty potent
> powerplant and the car is very nice. The wagon looks really mean in
> person.

Wait till you see the Charger.
Old December 7th 04, 04:02 AM
Lon

Old December 7th 04, 04:03 AM
Lon

Snow proclaimed:

>>Are you sure that the Magnum AWD is available with the Hemi? I just
>>read a Car and Driver mini test that seemed to say that it was only
>>available with the smaller non-hemi engine.
>>
>>I drove a new Chrysler 300 a while back - the Hemi is a pretty potent
>>powerplant and the car is very nice. The wagon looks really mean in
>>person.

> Magnum is NOT AWD, currently it is offered only rear-drive format. YES the
> Magnum comes with the Hemi. The Magnum and the 300 are for all purposes the
> same vehicle. They are both built on the same platform, with the exact same
> engine line up. Difference is the obvious body style.

Sorry, but the 2005 Magnum does have AWD available. Oh, and the hemi
is made a bit south of the border, as in Mexico.

Performance difference between manual and Tiptronic. RAFAL KRAWCZYK Audi 0 January 12th 05 11:37 PM
New 2003 vette price PETE Corvette 6 September 26th 04 05:16 AM
Jeep Liberty - What would be a good price from a dealer ? Croa Crapaud 4x4 4 January 23rd 04 09:43 PM