Some Jeepin pics

Old December 6th 04, 05:08 AM
Carl Saiyed

Default Some Jeepin pics

I took these last sunday, Nov 28th. Only had time to put 2 up for now.

http://www.geocities.com/carlsaiyed/jeep2/jeep1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/carlsaiyed/jeep2/jeep2.jpg

Enjoy.

Carl

Old December 6th 04, 07:15 AM
Kevin in San Diego

Gotta love an xj with mud tires.
KH

Old December 6th 04, 07:15 AM
Kevin in San Diego

Old December 6th 04, 03:24 PM
SoK66

Where were these taken?

Old December 6th 04, 03:24 PM
SoK66

Where were these taken?

Old December 6th 04, 07:48 PM
Steve

The only time I run low psi on the street is when the snow is so deep
that digging down just gets you hung up. We got a huge dump of wet stuff
a few weeks ago and with full pressure on an unplowed road I was
spinning tires and pushing up snow with the front axle & bumper. I let
the air out and pawed my way on top to get moving again. Yes, steering
sucked, but I was driving on a foot and a half of snow.

On a plowed road or in a few inches of fresh stuff, I too find that full
pressure is best for traction and steering at higher speeds. I'm sure it
would be even better with 9.50s.

Offroad, on more technical trails, I've found low air works far better
for my 10.50s. When a snow covered trail gets steep and rocky, fully
inflated tires dig down quick enough, but once there they tend to spin
out on the wet icy rock and slip laterally into any crevices making it
hard to keep a line. With low psi I find I have more control.

Then again, in spring when the skidder tracks develop a thick coating of
greasy mud, I've used high psi for better dig-down traction on flat
stretches.

Steve
http://xjeep.dyndns.org

Old December 6th 04, 07:48 PM
Steve

Old December 6th 04, 07:57 PM
FrankW

Got a pic?
I'd really like to see a Jeep ride on top of 18 inches of snow :-)

>>> http://xjeep.dyndns.org

Old December 6th 04, 07:57 PM
FrankW

>>> http://xjeep.dyndns.org

Old December 6th 04, 08:26 PM
JimG

Well maybe not "on top of::
http://www.citlink.net/~gunnoes/Phot...4/DSC00460.JPG
http://www.citlink.net/~gunnoes/Phot...4/DSC03637.JPG

Or is this what you mean by "on top of":
http://www.citlink.net/~gunnoes/Phot...4/DSC03641.JPG
--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI