Towing with Wrangler Unlimited

Old December 7th 04, 08:11 PM
RoyJ

Unlimited comes stock with the "Heavy Duty" Dana 44, standard SWB
Wranglers come with Dana 35C, no comparison.

Old December 7th 04, 08:31 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

the Unlimited, may not have stronger axles like the Rubicon, as I
watched Speed Vision's 52th Jeeper's Jamboree at Rubicon, California and
they replaced their Unlimited's axles with Currie 44s, of which the
front air locker broke before they completed the run.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 7th 04, 10:54 PM
Dave Milne

that may explain why the Wrangler in the UK, which comes with D44s, is rated
at 2000lb with an unbraked trailer, and 4000lb with a braked trailer.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ
k.net...

Old December 8th 04, 12:53 AM
Chad Fraker

Check this out. I'm not sure what type of travel trailer you're looking for
and what type of amenities you're looking for, but this would definitely
work well. My wife and I saw them at Camp Jeep both times we went.
http://www.kamparoo.com/ When the $ rolls around, we will probably be
getting one.

Chad

oups.com...

Old December 8th 04, 01:40 AM
RoyJ

I took the "heavier axle" from the Jeep website that shows

"Heavy Duty Dana 44/226mm Rear Axle" (8.89")
in place of the
"Dana M35/194mm Rear Axle" (7-5/8")
on the Unlimited.

Old December 8th 04, 01:46 AM
RoyJ

Those 'pop up' or 'fold out' styles are MUCH more in tune with what the
SWB Jeep can handle. 500-600 pounds, 10-12 square feet frontal area,
etc. is like it isn't there when towing it.

96 Caravan - towing package? EdO Dodge 1 October 25th 04 04:43 AM
Loss of Power Whilst Towing Caravan Stuart Thomson Audi 6 June 1st 04 09:46 PM
2005 Grand Caravan for towing? Doug Dodge 2 May 17th 04 03:39 AM
Top Five roof rack for Jeep Wrangler Scott 4x4 0 March 28th 04 04:42 PM