Replacing Battery

Old February 29th 16, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Wade Garrett

Default Replacing Battery

I need to replace the battery on a 2010 CR-V but don't have one of those
electronics "settings keepers".

I don't mind resetting the radio code and presets-- but will anything
else get wiped if I disconnect the old battery without keeping power.

If it will, will any damage be done that just driving a while won't
reset and I'd need to go to the dealer to be restored?

--
Before beginning, plan carefully.
- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old March 20th 16, 01:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Stewart[_4_]

"Wade Garrett" > wrote in message
>I need to replace the battery on a 2010 CR-V but don't have one of those
>electronics "settings keepers".
>
> I don't mind resetting the radio code and presets-- but will anything else
> get wiped if I disconnect the old battery without keeping power.
>
> If it will, will any damage be done that just driving a while won't reset
> and I'd need to go to the dealer to be restored?
>
> --
> Before beginning, plan carefully.
> - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Other than losing your preset stations, it shouldn't be a problem. In any
of my cars (Honda Accord 04, 05, Acura MDX 09) I just pull and replace, then
add in the codes and reprogram as needed.

---