"Heat spot" on a New F Expedition

Old February 8th 05, 02:33 PM
RichG

Default "Heat spot" on a New F Expedition

Hi, I hope someone can help. I have a new ( 2 weeks old ) Ford 2005
Expedition. The dealer is 50 miles away and I don't have a day to take off
to go there..so I am hoping someone can give me some assistance.

In the rear, passenger side, cargo area of the Expedition, the plastic
side-wall, about ten inches up, has a "hot spot" . I noticed it because I
had an umbrella leaning up against it, and when I picked up the umbrella, it
was hot to the touch. Sure enough, the plastic feels like there is a small
furnace underneath it. There is NOTHING ( except hidden connections ) that
is anywhere near this area.

The only other clue I have is that I don't believe that the rear window
defrosters ( electric) work very well.
Any ideas? Thanks vm

RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners
..

Old February 8th 05, 03:42 PM
C. E. White

Do you have the rear heat/air conditioning system? The area
you described is near the location of the rear heater core.

I suggest you ask your question to the members of the
Expedition Owner's Group Mailing List - see
http://xpog.com/mailman/listinfo/expedition_xpog.com

Ed White

Old February 8th 05, 05:03 PM
Big Bill

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:42:33 -0500, "C. E. White"
> wrote:

>Do you have the rear heat/air conditioning system? The area
>you described is near the location of the rear heater core.

On my 99 Expedition, that's on the other side - the driver's side. The
OP says the hot spot is on the passenger's side.
Was it changed?

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old February 8th 05, 06:01 PM
C. E. White

Bill,

On my 2003 the A/C Evaporator (and therefore the heater
core) is on the passenger side.

Regards,

Ed White

Old February 8th 05, 11:52 PM
RichG TX

Looks like you guys have answered my question. You saved me a 100 mile
round trip to the dealer for a non-existent problem. I DO have a rear
heater/&a/c and I DID have it on the last time I noticed the "heat
problem. Thanks very much RichG TX