Iracing Skippy schedule?

Old January 27th 10, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
KMacK

Default Iracing Skippy schedule?

With some extra time during the winter months thought I may try iRacing
again after a long absence. IIRC I was racing skippys at the end. What
are the best weekday nights and times (Eastern US) for finding a large
number of drivers for these events? Thought I read somewhere that some
nights were better than others for certain series*. And isn't there
another car now available in the same RC class/level* as the skippys?

* sorry... I've forgotten how all the class/series/divisions/ratings
were structured. ;-)
Old January 27th 10, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_3_]

Kmack,

Right now 13th week is upon us, which is like a festival time at the end of
a series, where the races don't count (I don't think) and there are "fun"
(read that as weird) track and car schedules... like Indy cars at Daytona,
legends at limerick stuff like that just for fun...

and this month, there is the 24 hours of Daytona thingy, so there isn't any
Skippy stuff going this week (1-25 to 1-30?). then it will be fun to see
how they schedule Skippy's for the next season (12 weeks they race one track
per week you know). The Skippy races, up til this week were every other
hour. what I like about it is that it seems to be a good range of
competition from 5pm (eastern) to 10pm most nights, on Skippy's. if you are
really fast (I'm NOT) then Im not as sure the same is true, as it seems the
faster guys also race many other cars? I finished 22nd out of 330? people
in my division, and my division is 7 out of something like 15 divisions,
with lower # divisions are faster people... I had a lot of fun, once I
stumbled onto a good setup, until that time exactly, I was ready to quit,
because my efforts seemed in vain.

But it was posted that '10 season one was "barely modified season 4 from 09"
(the season the just ended). I think Tuesday - Thursdays nights are great,
again for
my group. however sometimes on tracks that I don't race as well at, I jump
in early on Monday before people have 4 days of tweaking the setups,,,
<VBG>

Old January 28th 10, 01:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
KMacK

Thanks for the info! Timing sounds good for catching the start of the
next season. Races still being every 2 hours is a big disappointment.
But if there are lots of drivers that will help (I'm a middle of the
pack driver). Are the skippy races still on the even hours eastern time
and about 45 minutes long green to checkered?

Has the skippy changed much since iRacing went live? The way I remember
it it was prone to oversteer and hadn't found any way to dial it out,
though maybe I just hadn't "stumbled onto a good setup". Made for a
nervous and often frustrating drive.

Old January 29th 10, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

I meant in my last post above to state I wouldn't be around to check posts
wed nights...

Yeah the skippy has changed a bit over the last 2 or 3 updates, not sure
since you don't give a timeline of when you were last on, the updates may or
might not have happened since you left...

it was even hours for me, central time. actually it was more like 15 after
the even hours...

the lil skippy *******s <VBG> are to me in stock setups, are touchy. until
you find a setup, and I was lucky to be with a couple really fast SOB's one
night practicing and got a setup I promised I wouldn't share. I have found
at times people (faster guys) will share setups if you aren't a dip**** on
the track and ask nicely, since sharing is easy though, I am convinced some
can share a good setup but not maybe the secret/best setup ya know! I try
to be observant, and I have read a couple posts where some people adjust the
skippy more one way, which makes you um, how to say it without paragraphs...
"faster, but not "real fast" capable" as in some short term gain, as if you
found a shortcut that helps you out in only to hurt later in the quiz. Make
sense?

I know many have commented that the last update the engine braking was not
as pronounced, and people said you had 2 things from that, if you went in
hot and used the engine as a brake, you were going to spin because you would
be in hotter than before the other was seemingly fast top end speeds (again,
didn't make me faster at some tracks like the fast guys said it did for
them, hell I hardly noticed. to me, I felt like it had changed the tire
pressure effects, which means it kind of messed up my set, because I don't
know jack about doing setups, what the tire pressures do it etc. I just
don't get into the figuring it out as much as I do other things. When I
finally take time to race, I don't spend that time researching like I do all
damn day long for work (IT person) if you know what I mean.

>>> structured. ;-)

Old January 29th 10, 09:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

> Has the skippy changed much since iRacing went live? The way I remember
> it it was prone to oversteer and hadn't found any way to dial it out,
> though maybe I just hadn't "stumbled onto a good setup". Made for a
> nervous and often frustrating drive.

As Plowboy mentioned, the last couple of builds lessened the engine braking
of most cars so a pronounced difference would no doubt be experienced by
all. Last season 2232 people did at least 1 race with that car.

Old January 29th 10, 12:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
KMacK

Byron Forbes wrote:

> As Plowboy mentioned, the last couple of builds lessened the engine
> braking of most cars so a pronounced difference would no doubt be
> experienced by all. Last season 2232 people did at least 1 race with
> that car.

Let's see, it was fall of '08 since last drove the skippy so suspect
there have been a few changes. ;-) Thanks again for the info guys.

Day 28 in the Big iRacing house <-- warning, long and about iRacing Andrew MacPherson Simulators 29 October 1st 08 08:54 AM
Schedule 1/2 Maintenance S K Mazda 12 August 6th 07 06:24 AM
1969 F1 Schedule Timmy Ferrell Simulators 6 December 16th 05 04:25 PM
maintenance schedule VA_Tech_Hokies Honda 2 December 9th 04 02:59 PM