The 'ring revisited

Old January 30th 10, 12:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

Default The 'ring revisited

Just for fun and out of boredom I booted up Sports Car GT the other day
and tried the add-on Nurburgring I found a while back. ~6:39 with a
fully equiped Porsche GT1. Doing absolutely nonsence things like coming
out of the Karrousel over 80Mph Bergwerk at 70Mph not dropping below
90Mph between The Karrousel and the present end. Pure nuts and
ludicrious lateral G's. Great fun. the only problem was the low frame
rate.

The above time is the full length including the 180 degree turn onto the
second straight.
Old January 30th 10, 01:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Jan 30, 9:10*am, APLer > wrote:
> Just for fun and out of boredom I booted up Sports Car GT the other day
> and tried the add-on Nurburgring I found a while back. ~6:39 with a
> fully equiped Porsche GT1. Doing absolutely nonsence things like coming
> out of the Karrousel over 80Mph Bergwerk at 70Mph not dropping below
> 90Mph between The Karrousel and the present end. Pure nuts and
> ludicrious lateral G's. Great fun. the only problem was the low frame
> rate.
>
> The above time is the full length including the 180 degree turn onto the
> second straight.

nice ! it was a great game back then, but it doesnīt get my attention
anymore. itīs goot, but not GPL

speaking about the ring, did you tried it on GL legends ? lots of fun !
Old January 30th 10, 03:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

" > wrote in
:

> On Jan 30, 9:10*am, APLer > wrote:
>> Just for fun and out of boredom I booted up Sports Car GT the other
>> day and tried the add-on Nurburgring I found a while back. ~6:39 with
>> a fully equiped Porsche GT1. Doing absolutely nonsence things like
>> coming out of the Karrousel over 80Mph Bergwerk at 70Mph not dropping
>> below 90Mph between The Karrousel and the present end. Pure nuts and
>> ludicrious lateral G's. Great fun. the only problem was the low frame
>> rate.
>>
>> The above time is the full length including the 180 degree turn onto
>> the second straight.

> nice ! it was a great game back then, but it doesnīt get my attention
> anymore. itīs goot, but not GPL
>
> speaking about the ring, did you tried it on GL legends ? lots of fun
> !

Slight error above. The 90Mph was from the Karrousel until just after
the bridge before the last three turns before the straight. Obviously
the turn just after that bridge could not be done at 90 in any car.
The mini Karrousel right afterwards would be tough too.

GP legends you mean? yes. The most fun version has to be Viper Racing
IMHO with the Enzo add-on. Nice predictible power oversteer coming
out of the turns. There only seems to be the GPL version in any of
these games. Viper racing uses it, as does Sports Car GT. Identical
tracks even down to the signs. I'd switch to newer games, but I
have undiagnosed problems with my better 3d card. Locks up windows
completely once the desktop shows. Have to turn acceleration
completely off to stop it.

5.0l ho revisited peter Ford Mustang 5 August 20th 06 04:15 PM
Rabbit Water Outlet o-ring and Housing to block o-ring ? James Murphy VW water cooled 1 March 13th 06 03:38 PM
EGR Revisited 2.3Sleeper Ford Mustang 9 December 4th 05 10:26 PM
SVTKate>>>>>>Ring-Ring 2.3Sleeper Ford Mustang 2 March 31st 05 12:47 AM
C6 v. C5 Revisited LIW Corvette 4 October 19th 04 12:45 AM