anti Touareg sentiment

Old September 19th 04, 12:47 PM
aokvw

Default anti Touareg sentiment

What a firestorm of criticism my innocent request for T-Reg owner input
created!! Haven't any other longterm, satisfied, VW owners purchased one of
these vehicles?? I feel like I am out here all alone- and enjoying the hell
out of it!

Mike (ducking already)

Old September 19th 04, 04:07 PM
JH

Clearly your request wasn't innocent, and clearly you're just stirring
the pot here. Exactly the kind of boorish behavior expected from a SUV
owner.

To help clear up your "confusion over hostilities" expressed in another
post:

http://www.suvsuck.org/

http://www.idontcareaboutair.com/

http://www.changingtheclimate.com/

http://www.suv.org/environ.html

http://yosemite.epa.gov/oar/globalwa...Emissions.html

Perhaps this will end your confusion and help you get a clue.

Feel free to go be all alone in your adoration of that T-reg pig.
Perhaps you can put lipstick on it...

Old September 19th 04, 05:23 PM

If you enjoy it fine. Realize that most folks that frequent this board
do not have the money to blow on such a vehicle. That would make a
downpayment on a decent house. I suspect that first off you are one of
what maybe a few thousand owners. Second most folks that buy them
don't care what other newsgroup people care, it is just some sort of
status symbol so they never visit the VW nesgroups. Then there are the
rabid ecologists that think driving a 20 year old belchfire oil
smoking high HC and CO producing vehicle are saving the world. A
friend had Hummer for a few years. The real Hummer. Great fun
offroad. He got tired of the payments and it being in the shop every
few months and bought a Dodge 4x4 with the large V8. Gets a little
better mileage and probably will not be in the shop every day. That
Dodge beast sucks gas worse than the VW Treg.

If you keep posting why doesn't anyone want to play with me in my
Toureg then you will probably be labeled a troll. You just don't own a
vehicle that is particularly politically correct in this newsgroup. I
bet that no one will play with the Phaetom owners either.

"aokvw" > wrote:

>What a firestorm of criticism my innocent request for T-Reg owner input
>created!! Haven't any other longterm, satisfied, VW owners purchased one of
>these vehicles?? I feel like I am out here all alone- and enjoying the hell
>out of it!
>
>Mike (ducking already)

Jim B.
Old September 19th 04, 08:02 PM
Woodchuck

If I made enough money I would own one. So until then I just get the luxury
of fixing them for owners who have the extra cash!

Old September 19th 04, 08:08 PM
K5

"aokvw" > wrote in message
> What a firestorm of criticism my innocent request for T-Reg owner input
> created!! Haven't any other longterm, satisfied, VW owners purchased one

of
> these vehicles?? I feel like I am out here all alone- and enjoying the

hell
> out of it!

The feedback was because you're an insecure idiot and fun to abuse.

Old September 19th 04, 10:10 PM
Matt B.

"Woodchuck" > wrote in message
>If I made enough money I would own one. So until then I just get the luxury

of fixing them for owners who have the extra cash!

It would be nice if VW had managed to get the Marrakech (upcoming
sub-Touareg cute-ute) to market sooner...it's supposed to come for 2006 I
believe. The T-reg is nice, but it is more of a premium SUV and out of
range for many of us.

Old September 19th 04, 10:47 PM
Kent

What are you trying to accomplish here? If you like your Touareg, then
great, enjoy it. Don't keep trying to throw the fact that you can afford one
up in everyone's face. I think you'd be surprised at the backgrounds of some
of the folks here; we don't all play with old VWs because we can't afford
anything else. My GTI has provided me with reliable transportation for the
better part of my adult life, and I can honestly say that this car is more
of a status symbol to me than a Touareg (or any vehicle for that matter)
could ever be. I get a great deal of ribbing from friends and family for not
buying a new car, but the satisfaction (and nostalgia) that I derive from
driving and maintaining my GTI is immeasurable, and it has nothing to do
with its price tag or social cachet.

I think it's sad that people have allowed the advertising machine to
brainwash them into believing that they are no more then what they drive.
I've heard it all before...I bought this SUV for the safety of my family,
the security of 4-wheel drive, the towing capacity, the cargo capacity, the
7-person seating...I got the leather interior because it's easier to clean
up the kid's spills...I really didn't want the chrome wheels, they just came
with the vehicle...blah, blah, blah. A year later, the same people are
buying Mini Coopers for a completely new set of reasons. It all comes down
to social status, to "keeping up with the Jones", and it's particularly
pathetic to watch.

But enough about you. If you have a specific question about one of your VWs,
then ask the group's opinion. If your physically able, get your hands dirty
a bit by contributing to the maintenance of your own car. You may find that
it's a lot more satisfying then sitting in your mechanic's waiting room
sipping a latte and thumbing through old issues of Time magazine. Cheaper
too. Take advantage of the resources this group has to offer instead of
trying to **** everyone off!!!!!!
--
Kent
1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 220,000+ miles

Old September 20th 04, 12:08 AM
D. Dub

Ignore all the whiners ****ers and moaners they're Jealous.

Old September 20th 04, 01:53 AM
Mike Smith

aokvw wrote:

> What a firestorm of criticism my innocent request for T-Reg owner input
> created!! Haven't any other longterm, satisfied, VW owners purchased one of
> these vehicles?? I feel like I am out here all alone- and enjoying the hell
> out of it!

Why are you so concerned about what other people think of the Touraeg?
If you like it, that's what matters, no?

--
Mike Smith