xd-m first impressions

Old May 16th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Nathan W. Collier[_4_]

Default xd-m first impressions

see http://concealedcarryforum.com/forum...?TOPIC_ID=4585

--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Old May 16th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Nathan W. Collier[_4_]

my sincere apologies. wrong newsgroup.

. ..

Old May 17th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.\(ßill\)Hughes III

Hi Nathan,
Your holster right on the hip has got to be unconformable. Do you carry
a thirty-aught-six stored in your truck, like most in Montana, at least from
a couple of years ago?
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

Old May 17th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
> my sincere apologies. wrong newsgroup.

With all the off topic kookouts on this group, any post
with real content is "on topic."

I'm still partial to my S&W 66 k-frame. Fewer parts to fail
and easier to clean.

Old May 17th 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Nathan W. Collier[_4_]

"DougW" > wrote in message
news
> With all the off topic kookouts on this group, any post
> with real content is "on topic."

ive since implimented filters to keep out most of the squabbling. perhaps
ive gotten somewhat prudish in my older age or perhaps ive simply matured a
little but i just dont want to read about consuming the bodily fluids of
farm animals. my 7 year old daughter is a jeep _fanatic_ who even browses
this newsgroup from time to time. although he activity is supervised, i
dont want her reading that sort of thing.

> I'm still partial to my S&W 66 k-frame. Fewer parts to fail
> and easier to clean.

ive bought at least two dozens handguns specifically for my wife to try and
the ONLY one she ever warmed up to was her s&w 4" #66. here is a picture of
her shooting it. http://images.concealedcarryforum.com/vshoot.jpg

....in the end it worked out well. any guns she doesnt like i just kept for
myself. :-)

Nathan In Montana

Old May 17th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Nathan W. Collier[_4_]

"L.W.(ßill)Hughes III" > wrote in message
> Your holster right on the hip has got to be unconformable.

once you commit to carry it becomes an insignificant price you pay for
security.

> Do you carry
> a thirty-aught-six stored in your truck, like most in Montana, at least
> from
> a couple of years ago?

in my truck/jeep i keep a 5.56 ar15 (two legged threats) and a 300 ultra-mag
(four legged threats). on my hip is my trusted glock 23. :-)

Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Old May 17th 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.\(ßill\)Hughes III

Thanks.

Old May 17th 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Frank_v7.0

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
> "L.W.(ßill)Hughes III" > wrote in message
>> Your holster right on the hip has got to be unconformable.

> once you commit to carry it becomes an insignificant price you pay for
> security.
>

>> Do you carry
>> a thirty-aught-six stored in your truck, like most in Montana, at least
>> from
>> a couple of years ago?

> in my truck/jeep i keep a 5.56 ar15 (two legged threats) and a 300 ultra-mag
> (four legged threats). on my hip is my trusted glock 23. :-)
>
> Nathan In Montana
> http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

We must have smaller varmints in Arizona. I carry a Glock 19 on my AZ
CCW permit and a Mini-14 if I'm going any distance off road (not desert,
White Mountains near the Mogollon Rim) with my metal detector. :-)

--
FRH
Old May 17th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Nathan W. Collier[_4_]

"noneofyourbusiness" > wrote in message
> I don't understand, you paid money for a weapon THEN found out it has
> a few issues you didn't like??

yes. i buy a LOT of weapons specifically for the purpose of reviewing for
my website.

.....plus its just plain fun to try out new weapons.

> Trigger feel and conceal-ability should have been easy to determine
> beforehand...?

nothing really tells the tale until you take it to the range. its like
buying a car....you dont know anything until you drive it.

> Anyway, I'm jealous. Only one revolver, no semi autos

time to do something about that. i encourage you to visit
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com for why. i started out with a small safe
that grew into a large safe that grew into multiple safes that grew into a
weapons room that grew into a weapons basement that grew into secured
storage.

Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Old May 17th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Nathan W. Collier[_4_]

"Frank_v7.0" > wrote in message
> We must have smaller varmints in Arizona.

indeed you do.

> I carry a Glock 19

the g19 is an awesome little fist full of fire. i carried mine daily prior
to buying my g23. if you want to fully unleash the potential of the 9mm,
get some federal HST 147 grain loads. at standard pressures it penetrates
13"+ while expanding to .72"! if you want more, they also offer the 147
grain load in +P pressures. the 9mm is finally a truly viable defense
round.

> my AZ CCW permit

thank you for your decision to carry as it makes the world a safer place.
stop by our forum listed below in my sig.

Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com