2006 Cadillac XLR - red metallic - rvl

Old August 6th 11, 09:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Paddy's Pig[_6_]

Default 2006 Cadillac XLR - red metallic - rvl

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006 Cadillac XLR - red metallic - rvl.jpg
Views:	1542
Size:	445.5 KB
ID:	205848
Old August 7th 11, 09:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
ThomasS1

....trying to figure our how Cadillac let their CTSV look so much better than
the Corvette counter part?

Old August 8th 11, 12:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Paddy's Pig[_6_]

"ThomasS1" > wrote in message
> ...trying to figure our how Cadillac let their CTSV look so much better
> than the Corvette counter part?

The way we react to styling is always a matter of opinion, at least in part.
If you look at an object that has no style at all and dislike it, it's not a
matter of opinion. It's a fact. The thing is butt ugly.

But in the case of the Corvette and the XLR (I think you were referring to
the XLR, not the CTS-V which is a 4-door sedan and not comparable) there can
legitimately be two opinions except one has to remember the two cars are not
equal. Cadillac wanted to ride on the coattails of the Corvette's glory and
try to find some 2-seater buyers of its own, so GM agreed to let Cadillac
design a body that would fit on the existing Corvette platform and it would
be built on the same assembly line at Bowling Green but let's remember: the
Cadillac is not a Corvette in disguise. Cadillac engineers opted to not use
a lot of the hardware that was built into the Vette, and they even decided
to use their own engines which are in no way comparable to anything
available in the Chevrolet. After a few years of blah sales results the XLR
was dropped in 2009.

So the Corvette survives despite its negative appearance (in your opinion)
and the XLR is gone. The Corvette is an iconic car and people are going to
buy it regardless of any shortcomings in appearance. In the category it
competes in it's a steal.
--
Pat Durkin
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/paddyspig/

Old August 8th 11, 10:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
ThomasS1

Pat,
I do like the XLR, and I was speaking of the CTSV (now in Coupe and Sport
Wagon clothing).
I just find to myeslf that the in your face styling of the CTSV is more
exciting than what came out of the XLR.
The hood buldge more than anything really excites me! I guess I am just
easy? LOL

Cheers,
ThomasS

Old August 8th 11, 10:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Paddy's Pig[_6_]

"ThomasS1" > wrote in message
> Pat,
> I do like the XLR, and I was speaking of the CTSV (now in Coupe and Sport
> Wagon clothing).
> I just find to myeslf that the in your face styling of the CTSV is more
> exciting than what came out of the XLR.
> The hood buldge more than anything really excites me! I guess I am just
> easy? LOL

No you're not. They excite me too! The coupe is flat out beautiful! I
think it's one of the most exciting automotive designs on the market.