Jury recommends death for arsonist who accidentally killed 5 - Why don't killer DUIs get death?

Old March 19th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Jury recommends death for arsonist who accidentally killed 5 - Why don't killer DUIs get death?

This man wasn't trying to kill anyone though his actions certainly made
that very possible. He's really no different from a drunk driver or
speeder doing 100 mph who kills a whole family. But they usually get off
with just a few years!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29762673/

Jury recommends death in Calif. arson killings
Man convicted of murdering five federal firefighters overrun by wildfire
updated 2 hours, 3 minutes ago

RIVERSIDE, Calif. - A jury recommended the death penalty Wednesday for a
man convicted of murdering five federal firefighters who were overrun by
one of several wildfires he ignited in Southern California in 2006.

Jurors took less than a day to decide that Raymond Lee Oyler deserved to
die. Prosecutors cited the horrific pain the fire crew suffered and the
terror the auto mechanic's fires caused in rural areas of Riverside County.

After the verdict was announced, Oyler's daughter echoed his lawyers' claim
that he never intended to kill anyone.

"That was not in his mind. My dad is not this monster they paint him to
be," 21-year-old Heather Oyler said outside the courtroom.

Oyler, 38, was convicted of five counts of first-degree murder, 20 counts
of arson and 17 counts of using an incendiary device. At sentencing, set
for April 3, the judge still could give him the punishment the defense had
urged jurors to choose: life in prison without the possibility of parole.

(snip)
Old March 19th 09, 01:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
smutt butt

On Mar 18, 11:57*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"

Because the " justice" system is a corrupt piece of ****.
Old March 19th 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking

On Mar 18, 11:57*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> This man wasn't trying to kill anyone though his actions certainly *made
> that very possible. *He's really no different from *a drunk driver or *
> speeder doing 100 mph who kills a whole family. *But they usually get off
> with just a few years!!
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29762673/
>
> Jury recommends death in Calif. arson killings
> Man convicted of murdering five federal firefighters overrun by wildfire
> updated 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
>
> RIVERSIDE, Calif. - A jury recommended the death penalty Wednesday for a
> man convicted of murdering five federal firefighters who were overrun by
> one of several wildfires he ignited in Southern California in 2006.
>
> Jurors took less than a day to decide that Raymond Lee Oyler deserved to
> die. Prosecutors cited the horrific pain the fire crew suffered and the
> terror the auto mechanic's fires caused in rural areas of Riverside County.
>
> After the verdict was announced, Oyler's daughter echoed his lawyers' claim
> that he never intended to kill anyone.
>
> "That was not in his mind. My dad is not this monster they paint him to
> be," 21-year-old Heather Oyler said outside the courtroom.
>
> Oyler, 38, was convicted of five counts of first-degree murder, 20 counts
> of arson and 17 counts of using an incendiary device. At sentencing, set
> for April 3, the judge still could give him the punishment the defense had
> urged jurors to choose: life in prison without the possibility of parole.
>
> (snip)

This type of thing is easy to understand if you're smart enough to
know the definition of the term "intent".

No wonder your stupid ass can't figure it out.

Old March 19th 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
MLOM

On Mar 18, 10:57*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> This man wasn't trying to kill anyone though his actions certainly *made
> that very possible. *He's really no different from *a drunk driver or *
> speeder doing 100 mph who kills a whole family. *But they usually get off
> with just a few years!!

(snip article)

Look at the victims: gooberment workers. Gov't privilege. Had the
victims been children or regular "Joes" the arsonist might have only
gotten a johnson-slap for the crime.
Old March 19th 09, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
SeaWoe

On Mar 18, 8:57*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> This man wasn't trying to kill anyone though his actions certainly *made
> that very possible. *He's really no different from *a drunk driver or *
> speeder doing 100 mph who kills a whole family. *But they usually get off
> with just a few years!!
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29762673/
>
> Jury recommends death in Calif. arson killings
> Man convicted of murdering five federal firefighters overrun by wildfire
> updated 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
>
> RIVERSIDE, Calif. - A jury recommended the death penalty Wednesday for a
> man convicted of murdering five federal firefighters who were overrun by
> one of several wildfires he ignited in Southern California in 2006.
>
> Jurors took less than a day to decide that Raymond Lee Oyler deserved to
> die. Prosecutors cited the horrific pain the fire crew suffered and the
> terror the auto mechanic's fires caused in rural areas of Riverside County.
>
> After the verdict was announced, Oyler's daughter echoed his lawyers' claim
> that he never intended to kill anyone.
>
> "That was not in his mind. My dad is not this monster they paint him to
> be," 21-year-old Heather Oyler said outside the courtroom.
>
> Oyler, 38, was convicted of five counts of first-degree murder, 20 counts
> of arson and 17 counts of using an incendiary device. At sentencing, set
> for April 3, the judge still could give him the punishment the defense had
> urged jurors to choose: life in prison without the possibility of parole.
>
> (snip)

Whwn a fire is set there is an intent to cause problems / damage and
only a stroke of luck will prevent such.
Thinking back to my days of driving over the B/A limit, I never
intended to cause damage or injury and never did.
I was proud of my driving skills and would be ashamed of being in an
accident

Quite a bit of difference between the two acctions.
Understand?
Old March 20th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

SeaWoe > wrote in
:

>> (snip)

> Whwn a fire is set there is an intent to cause problems / damage and
> only a stroke of luck will prevent such.

Ok - but there was no intent to kill.

> Thinking back to my days of driving over the B/A limit, I never
> intended to cause damage or injury and never did.
> I was proud of my driving skills and would be ashamed of being in an
> accident
>
> Quite a bit of difference between the two acctions.

Like hell there's a difference. You just don't want to admit that drunk
drivers are psychopaths just like this guy.
Old March 20th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
SeaWoe

On Mar 19, 8:33*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> SeaWoe > wrote :
>
> >> (snip)

> > Whwn a fire is set there is an intent to cause problems / damage and
> > only a stroke of luck will prevent such.

> Ok - but there was no intent to kill.
>
> > Thinking back to my days of driving over the B/A limit, I never
> > intended to cause damage or injury and never did.
> > I was proud of my driving skills and would be ashamed of being in an
> > accident

> > Quite a bit of difference between the two acctions.

> Like hell there's a difference. You just don't want to admit that *drunk
> drivers are psychopaths just like this guy.

Nor do I want to admit thaat the moon is made of green cheese.
Old March 20th 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking

On Mar 18, 9:57*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> This man wasn't trying to kill anyone though his actions certainly *made
> that very possible. *He's really no different from *a drunk driver or *
> speeder doing 100 mph who kills a whole family. *But they usually get off
> with just a few years!!

George W. Bush got off with a small fine for his DUI conviction.
Interestingly, DUI is such a horrible crime that MADD endorsed Bush,
because traditional Republitard hypocrisy allowed him to promote
increased penalties for drunk driving and drug use for others while
exempting himself.

Old March 21st 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

SeaWoe > wrote in
:

> On Mar 19, 8:33*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> > wrote:

s.

>> Like hell there's a difference. You just don't want to admit that
>> *drun

>> drivers are psychopaths just like this guy.

> Nor do I want to admit thaat the moon is made of green cheese.

HAHAHA. You saying they aren't psycopaths!!! Then you're an idiot.
People who drive while drunk have no conception of right and wrong and thus
are psychopaths. Millions of them in america.

Idaho child killer is sentenced to death Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 0 August 28th 08 08:41 PM
Latest on the street-racing tragedy that killed 8 - Killer was NOT in the race Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 33 March 12th 08 11:06 PM
Mother of teen killed by 130 mph speeder BEGS FOR MERCY for her son's killer Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 59 September 5th 06 06:36 AM
Death of r.a.s. ymenard Simulators 39 May 18th 06 02:54 AM
Death to RSC. Michael Sisson Simulators 46 August 25th 05 12:35 AM