'05 GT convert. on X Plan?

Old April 3rd 05, 02:56 PM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Default '05 GT convert. on X Plan?

How long do you think I'll have to wait to get one on the X Plan?
Old April 4th 05, 12:30 AM
Itsfrom Click

multiple guess:

till Hell freezes over

till you're too old to drive

till Ford has more than one car that is selling

till it's as out of date as the last model

I'm in the same boat as you......supposed to be eligible for X......the
dealer laughs in my face. To add insult to injury, my company also has
access to Ford Fleet pricing.....which for an 05/06 Mustang is $2000 off
net dealer invoice and $500 cash back.

Fact is, Mustangs are on an allocation basis.....it's not a matter of
the dealer settling on less profit for a car he orders for us......with
tight allocations, every one he makes a deal on is one less he can screw
somebody on.

Old April 4th 05, 12:56 AM
Andrew

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 19:30:29 -0400, Itsfrom Click wrote:

> multiple guess:
>
> till Hell freezes over
>
> till you're too old to drive
>
> till Ford has more than one car that is selling
>
> till it's as out of date as the last model
>
> I'm in the same boat as you......supposed to be eligible for X......the
> dealer laughs in my face. To add insult to injury, my company also has
> access to Ford Fleet pricing.....which for an 05/06 Mustang is $2000 off
> net dealer invoice and $500 cash back.
>
> Fact is, Mustangs are on an allocation basis.....it's not a matter of
> the dealer settling on less profit for a car he orders for us......with
> tight allocations, every one he makes a deal on is one less he can screw
> somebody on.

If the dealer laughs in your face then you just need to escalate it. Talk
to the factory, or your X-Plan rep. Be sure to mention that at the
dealership, hell threaten to post your experience on epinions.

They will only laugh in your face if you let them, dealers are a dime a
dozen. I know of one or two that lost quite a bit of my money, and they
heard about it from more than just me.

Old April 5th 05, 04:58 PM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Okay, I just got back from a local dealer.
He said X-Plan was no problem at all. But he also said that while
they are getting plenty of V6's, he has no idea when we'll see a GT
convert. premium in the area.
Old April 7th 05, 02:25 AM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

>I know it'd take a bit but couldn't you just order one off the x-plan
>site?

I didn't know there was such a thing!

Anyway, I must have accidentally entered 2004 when I was pricing my
car at KBB. Mine is only worth $17k, not $22k. So that kills the
whole deal. :-(

I wanted one, but we're in the middle of a $40k addition to our house,
and a baby is coming in June, so looks like no go.
Old April 12th 05, 12:26 AM
Itsfrom Click

OK - so today visited my 3rd dealer and told them about my X-Plan
eligibility. this one told me that I could order an '06 at
sticker........delivery some time after December......'06 price increase
thought to be 2% but no guarantee.

Let them eat cake......they can take their sticker and shove them.......

No, it's a free county and they can do what they want.....and so can I.
If I'm gonna pay BMW, Boxter, SLK or '04 Vette price, that's what I'm
gonna drive. From what they're saying about the health of FoMoCo, they
might wish they hadn't tried to screw this 5 time buyer.

Old April 12th 05, 02:05 PM
tony kujawa

"Itsfrom Click" > wrote in message

> OK - so today visited my 3rd dealer and told them about my X-Plan
> eligibility. this one told me that I could order an '06 at
> sticker........delivery some time after December......'06 price increase
> thought to be 2% but no guarantee.
>
> Let them eat cake......they can take their sticker and shove them.......
>
> No, it's a free county and they can do what they want.....and so can I.
> If I'm gonna pay BMW, Boxter, SLK or '04 Vette price, that's what I'm
> gonna drive. From what they're saying about the health of FoMoCo, they
> might wish they hadn't tried to screw this 5 time buyer.

I would bet my last dollar that a year from now they will be selling cheap,
maybe even at invoice. There will be a lot of them on the road. Hell,
there are 8 sitting at my hicktown dealer right now. Only 2 are GT's
though. I'm in the Toledo area, where are you? You may want to contact
dealers around here or Detroit. I know for a fact they are selling at MSRP
right now.