'06 Mustang GT Convertible Windows

Old April 18th 08, 04:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken Zwyers

Default '06 Mustang GT Convertible Windows

I'm hoping that someone can help me out there.

I'm positive that my '06 Mustang GT Convertible had a feature where, if I
put the front windows up while the back windows were down, the front windows
would go to the top, and then drop down approximately halfway, as a reminder
to me that the back windows were open. However, now that the weather is
starting to warm up again (Chicago), that feature has stopped working.

I took the car in to take care of the recent recall, and asked them to look
at the windows at the same time. When the car was done, they told me that
my car didn't have this feature, and showed me a correspondence that they
received from their tech people.

I'm positive that my car used to do this, and with my poor short-term
memory, I could really use this feature. However, I can't find it
documented anywhere. Can some at least verify for me that this feature does
exist, and if possible, can anyone point me to any documentation that
describes this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old April 18th 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

Your 06 will operate just like my 05... Oddly, much of this "hard to find"
information starts on about page 49 or your owners manual (imagine that).

The feature you describe is not one that I have seen on mine... The only
time the short drop activates is when the door is open.

When raising or lowering the top, all you need to do is push and hold the
convertible top button in the appropriate direction... All of the windows
will open before the top begins to move...

Old April 19th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken Zwyers

I understand regarding getting the windows down with the convertible top.
My problem is remembering to put the back windows up. Thanks for your
response!

Old April 19th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken Zwyers

That's the behavior that I'm talking about. If the back windows are down
when you do this, does the front windows go back down about 3/4 of the way?
I know that I originally said about halfway, but it's really more like 3/4
of the way. If that's what's happening, it was due to the apparently
undocumented feature that I was talking about.

Thanks for responding!

Ken

Old April 23rd 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken Zwyers

Thanks for checking!

Old May 7th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bill & Gail

I don't think you memory is failing you Ken

My 06 convertible does that and has since day one.

With the top up, if the back windows are down, and the door windows too,
when you try to raise either of the door windows they only go up 3/4 of the
way.

Bill

Old May 16th 08, 08:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

And the plot thickens.... something I've never done before is shut the key
off whilst rolling the drivers window up.... The top was up at the time. The
window was at about 3/4ers and going up. The instant I turned the key off,
the window dropped to about the 1/3rd up mark.

Is this what you are looking for?

Given that the windows have the <auto up> feature, I assume this is a safety
margin....

Old May 16th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken Zwyers

That could be - it was basically that if the back windows were open and I
tried to close the front windows, the front windows would bounce back down
to about the 1/3rd up mark (as you noticed). It could be that happened if
the back windows weren't totally closed. Thanks for the help with this!