'06 Stang Prices - Any Hope?

Old December 24th 05, 08:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default '06 Stang Prices - Any Hope?

I've owned 28 cars, but only 5 brand spanking new.........which I always
ordered during the last week of the year.....and always thought the
dealers/salesmen were a little hurgrier then.

so......time to get the 'Stang ordered (goin' for a GT convert).

Has anyone gotten any kind of a deal on one yet? Any hope that they'll
honor X Plan? Or should I plan on bending over?

Old December 26th 05, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Some people on The Mustang Source forums have stated they were able to order
a GT at X-Plan.

--
JennL
06 V6 Pony Pkg Vista Blue with Dk Charc IUP

Old December 26th 05, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:32:10 GMT, "ModernMiko"
> wrote:

>Some people on The Mustang Source forums have stated they were able to order
>a GT at X-Plan.

Interesting, at this time in my area (fully qualified statement) there
is not a single dealer in the area (been to them all) that are willing
to honor any plans on Mustang GT's (not to be confused with GT's) or
offer any type of discount what so ever. The absolute best I was able
to do was MSRP as opposed to that infamous "Market Adjustment" price
that many carry on the cars they have on the lots. Any GT's that do
show up on dealers lots stay for a very, very short period of time,
especially those of the ragtop variety.
--
Zombywoof

Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
Old December 26th 05, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Crossroads Ford in Cary, NC (http://www.crossroadsford.com/) was advertising
invoice pricing on Mustnags - even GTs and convertibles. Might be worth a
call if it is not to far for you. Ask for Tom Smith (Sales Manager -
really). I've never bought a car from them (I hate the commercials), but a
guy at work claims they are easy to work with.

Ed

Old December 27th 05, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default '06 Stang Prices - YES!

tried to do business with local dealers - wouldn't budge an inch.

called the nearest mega-dealer......60 miles away...and got no argument
whatsoever: retail sticker $33825 (incl trans, +tax,
etc)....."invoice" $31145.......X plan $31223. btw, A/Z plan would be
$30042.....so assume the dealer is still making $1103 plus holdback and
who knows what else....not bad for 25 minutes work, so everyone is
happy.......and I'll have fun driving past my local dealer with the
out-of-town dealer's license plate frame.

btw: was told that they are not currently building
converts......anticipated delivery late Feb or early March.......hope
it's an early Spring!

Old December 28th 05, 08:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

i did that with m f-150. the local guys keep giving me the run around.
so that weekend whent up to lexington ky got my f-150 and the deal i
wanted. about 4 weeks later at wal-mart the sales guy seen me in the
parking lot. and when passed him i the store he said nice truck! i bet
he walked by to see what dealers sticker that was on it. mp

Old December 29th 05, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Zombywoof" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:32:10 GMT, "ModernMiko"
> > wrote:
>
>>Some people on The Mustang Source forums have stated they were able to
>>order
>>a GT at X-Plan.
>>

> Interesting, at this time in my area (fully qualified statement) there
> is not a single dealer in the area (been to them all) that are willing
> to honor any plans on Mustang GT's (not to be confused with GT's) or
> offer any type of discount what so ever. The absolute best I was able
> to do was MSRP as opposed to that infamous "Market Adjustment" price
> that many carry on the cars they have on the lots. Any GT's that do
> show up on dealers lots stay for a very, very short period of time,
> especially those of the ragtop variety.
> --
> Zombywoof
>
> Si vis Pacem, Para bellum

I didn't try around here (mid-atlantic) due to wanting the V6 Pony Package
but a decent amount say they ordered a Mustang GT (goodness knows I wouldn;t
confude it with a GT - hate that car). Some sales guys on there order for
people on the forums but I don't recall if they do x-plan. I was able to get
my V6 PP for 500 above invoice.

Old December 30th 05, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Town and Country Ford, Charlotte, NC ordered a 2006 GT Convertible for me at
X Plan. I ordered early August and just received it last week... 4 months.
No other dealer in the Charlotte area (including Monroe, Huntersville,
Mooresville, Statesville, Salisbury and Rock Hill/Fort Mill SC) would order
at X Plan. There was one guy in Hickory that would, but then I found T&C.

Old December 31st 05, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I did a little better on the 06 PP V6 which I custom ordered and got
for invoice. The key was to go to a small-town dealer that was at
least an hour away from a major city. With the lower volumes these
guys are dealing in coupled with end-of-month and end-of-year quotas,
they are a lot more compliant that their big city counterparts. Of
course it also helps to walk in with a folder full of research data
from the internet.

It's a little bit of a drive for the buyer, but those smaller dealers
really want/need the business.

Gas prices... Brent P Driving 12 September 7th 05 01:32 AM
High Gas Prices Fuel an Octane Rebellion MrPepper11 Driving 434 August 18th 05 12:25 AM
Motorists Resigned to Soaring Gas Prices Laura Bush murdered her boy friend Driving 59 April 5th 05 02:17 PM
cooling site tim VW air cooled 13 January 27th 05 04:33 AM
petrol prices Tom Alfa Romeo 5 June 2nd 04 09:45 PM