value of hard doors

Old December 3rd 04, 09:57 PM
john

holy sh*t, i should buy the doors and throw the jeep away maybe.

Old December 3rd 04, 11:30 PM
JimG

Those of us that frequent here (I don't know about the OP) know you are from
Canada (sorry about your luck!).

But double?
http://www.x-rates.com/d/CAD/USD/graph120.html

3600 CAD = 3024 USD

I paid $200 (230 CAD) for a set of excellent, used OEM steel, TJ half doors
w/uppers, now granted I did get a good deal, but it's not unusual to find
them for $500 (595 CAD) or less. Maybe we should haul a truck-load of stuff
up there and double our money!

:-)

JimG

Old December 3rd 04, 11:30 PM
JimG

Old December 4th 04, 12:06 AM
Mike Romain

If you brought up rust free stuff, I could pretty much guarantee you
would double your money.

This is serious salt country and anything used is normally pretty rotten
or already salt compromised bad enough so you can see the repairs you
are going to need soon.

I looked at dozens and dozens of body tubs before saying screw it and
going fiberglass. Not one used tub I saw 'didn't' need at least one
perforation from rust fixed before I could use it. Not one!

So doors and body parts in good shape still command top dollar.

Oh, our Loony just went nuts or the US dollar took a dive, I don't know
which, that is why the exchange is so good right now. Not long ago in
June it was almost 40% or so as that chart shows.

Mike

Old December 4th 04, 12:06 AM
Mike Romain