Audi A4 SE (2003) Heavy Steering

Old June 18th 07, 07:40 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi A4 SE (2003) Heavy Steering

I recently bought a second-hand Audi A4 SE (2003). The steering was
fine at first, but now (after doing around 3000 miles) it is rather
heavy and the resistance of the steering wheel is inconsistent,
especially at low speeds. This has made maneouvering the car around
roundabouts and town streets very uncomfortable.

Another thing that I have noticed is that the steering wheel does not
sit dead-centre when I want to go in a straight line. I'm pretty sure
that it did when I first got the car.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on and what the best thing
would be to fix this? Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Old June 19th 07, 04:17 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
iws

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I recently bought a second-hand Audi A4 SE (2003). The steering was
> fine at first, but now (after doing around 3000 miles) it is rather
> heavy and the resistance of the steering wheel is inconsistent,
> especially at low speeds. This has made maneouvering the car around
> roundabouts and town streets very uncomfortable.
>
> Another thing that I have noticed is that the steering wheel does not
> sit dead-centre when I want to go in a straight line. I'm pretty sure
> that it did when I first got the car.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what is going on and what the best thing
> would be to fix this? Has anyone experienced similar problems?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andrew

Some possibilities: low on PS fluid; PS pump belt loose; failing PS pump.

Audi 90 Steering rack - help ~ Elektraman ~ Audi 1 October 13th 08 01:03 AM
98 Audi A6 steering problem. MikeAFB Audi 1 May 15th 06 04:56 PM
TJ 2003 Steering box Aramis Jeep 1 December 20th 04 08:30 AM
Audi TT Quattro Steering Wheel Vibration at 70 - 85mph Mick Audi 8 September 15th 04 10:03 PM
AUDI COUPE STEERING WHEEL ON EBAY NeueSchuleBits.com Audi 2 July 23rd 04 01:15 PM