Seat Belt Suggestions?

Old April 24th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jakalope

Default Seat Belt Suggestions?

Sorry if this reposts, but I submitted it earlier today and after
several hours it still is not up.

Nice weather is here in WI and the Bugs are out!!!! Yippee!!!! SO, I
thought I had everything ready to go for the summer, new disk brakes /
alignment, new Pertronix ignition, new plugs and wires, cap and
rotor. Changed the oil and the valves are adjusted. Nothing left to
do but drive it....or so I thought. Now that I have passengers on
occasion, I would like to get retractable seatbelts. I'm only
interested in buying new ones. I see several from the different
suppliers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to get tan
rather than black, but black will be fine if that's all I can get.
It's hard to see a difference from one to the next, other than price,
when looking at catalogs or online. Any suggestions??

71 Std

Thanks,
John

Old April 30th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
compwrench

On Apr 24, 4:43 pm, Jakalope > wrote:
> Sorry if this reposts, but I submitted it earlier today and after
> several hours it still is not up.
>
> Nice weather is here in WI and the Bugs are out!!!! Yippee!!!! SO, I
> thought I had everything ready to go for the summer, new disk brakes /
> alignment, new Pertronix ignition, new plugs and wires, cap and
> rotor. Changed the oil and the valves are adjusted. Nothing left to
> do but drive it....or so I thought. Now that I have passengers on
> occasion, I would like to get retractable seatbelts. I'm only
> interested in buying new ones. I see several from the different
> suppliers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to get tan
> rather than black, but black will be fine if that's all I can get.
> It's hard to see a difference from one to the next, other than price,
> when looking at catalogs or online. Any suggestions??
>
> 71 Std
>
> Thanks,
> John

I don't have an answer for you, but I also have a '71 Std and will be
replacing the seat belts with retractables. I have not thoroughly
researched this yet, but have noticed several suppliers with varying
prices. Any feedback from the group would be helping two (or more) of
us! ;-)

Scott S.

Old April 30th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Michael Cecil

On 30 Apr 2007 10:25:34 -0700, compwrench > wrote:

>On Apr 24, 4:43 pm, Jakalope > wrote:
>> Sorry if this reposts, but I submitted it earlier today and after
>> several hours it still is not up.
>>
>> Nice weather is here in WI and the Bugs are out!!!! Yippee!!!! SO, I
>> thought I had everything ready to go for the summer, new disk brakes /
>> alignment, new Pertronix ignition, new plugs and wires, cap and
>> rotor. Changed the oil and the valves are adjusted. Nothing left to
>> do but drive it....or so I thought. Now that I have passengers on
>> occasion, I would like to get retractable seatbelts. I'm only
>> interested in buying new ones. I see several from the different
>> suppliers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to get tan
>> rather than black, but black will be fine if that's all I can get.
>> It's hard to see a difference from one to the next, other than price,
>> when looking at catalogs or online. Any suggestions??
>>
>> 71 Std
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

>I don't have an answer for you, but I also have a '71 Std and will be
>replacing the seat belts with retractables. I have not thoroughly
>researched this yet, but have noticed several suppliers with varying
>prices. Any feedback from the group would be helping two (or more) of
>us! ;-)
>
>Scott S.

Let us know how it turns out. Retractable seat belts are one of the
changes I'd like to make to my bug also.
--
Michael Cecil
http://home.roadrunner.com/~macecil/
Old April 30th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Robert

On Apr 30, 12:03 pm, Michael Cecil > wrote:
> On 30 Apr 2007 10:25:34 -0700, compwrench > wrote:
>

> >On Apr 24, 4:43 pm, Jakalope > wrote:
> >> Sorry if this reposts, but I submitted it earlier today and after
> >> several hours it still is not up.

> >> Nice weather is here in WI and the Bugs are out!!!! Yippee!!!! SO, I
> >> thought I had everything ready to go for the summer, new disk brakes /
> >> alignment, new Pertronix ignition, new plugs and wires, cap and
> >> rotor. Changed the oil and the valves are adjusted. Nothing left to
> >> do but drive it....or so I thought. Now that I have passengers on
> >> occasion, I would like to get retractable seatbelts. I'm only
> >> interested in buying new ones. I see several from the different
> >> suppliers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to get tan
> >> rather than black, but black will be fine if that's all I can get.
> >> It's hard to see a difference from one to the next, other than price,
> >> when looking at catalogs or online. Any suggestions??

> >> 71 Std

> >> Thanks,
> >> John

> >I don't have an answer for you, but I also have a '71 Std and will be
> >replacing the seat belts with retractables. I have not thoroughly
> >researched this yet, but have noticed several suppliers with varying
> >prices. Any feedback from the group would be helping two (or more) of
> >us! ;-)

> >Scott S.

> Let us know how it turns out. Retractable seat belts are one of the
> changes I'd like to make to my bug also.
> --
> Michael Cecilhttp://home.roadrunner.com/~macecil/http://home.roadrunner.com/~safehex/http://home.roadrunner.com/~macecil/hackingvista/- Hide quoted text -

I bought retractable seat belts from cip1. They work good but I found
that it was best to put
the retractable mechanism on the top of the post rather than the
bottom like all other cars
are. That means that you extend the seat belt across your lap rather
than extending across
your chest like all others. That is slightly inconvient but a million
times easier than the
original belt with all the strap adjustments. - Robert

Old May 3rd 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jakalope

On Apr 30, 1:03 pm, Michael Cecil > wrote:
> On 30 Apr 2007 10:25:34 -0700, compwrench > wrote:
>

> >On Apr 24, 4:43 pm, Jakalope > wrote:
> >> Sorry if this reposts, but I submitted it earlier today and after
> >> several hours it still is not up.

> >> Nice weather is here in WI and the Bugs are out!!!! Yippee!!!! SO, I
> >> thought I had everything ready to go for the summer, new disk brakes /
> >> alignment, new Pertronix ignition, new plugs and wires, cap and
> >> rotor. Changed the oil and the valves are adjusted. Nothing left to
> >> do but drive it....or so I thought. Now that I have passengers on
> >> occasion, I would like to get retractable seatbelts. I'm only
> >> interested in buying new ones. I see several from the different
> >> suppliers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to get tan
> >> rather than black, but black will be fine if that's all I can get.
> >> It's hard to see a difference from one to the next, other than price,
> >> when looking at catalogs or online. Any suggestions??

> >> 71 Std

> >> Thanks,
> >> John

> >I don't have an answer for you, but I also have a '71 Std and will be
> >replacing the seat belts with retractables. I have not thoroughly
> >researched this yet, but have noticed several suppliers with varying
> >prices. Any feedback from the group would be helping two (or more) of
> >us! ;-)

> >Scott S.

> Let us know how it turns out. Retractable seat belts are one of the
> changes I'd like to make to my bug also.

I ordered from
http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/mm5/mer...ory_Code=3PRLS

I called JBUGS.COM and they recommended the site, It's their's. You
can pidk the color and style. The belts should be here today or
tomorrow. They seem to be the nicest ones I could find and are
American made. Supposedly the best aftermarket belts on the market.
I spent several hours on the web searching and researching. I'll post
how they are after I get them.

Old May 15th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jakalope

On May 3, 11:34 am, Jakalope > wrote:
> On Apr 30, 1:03 pm, Michael Cecil > wrote:

> > >I don't have an answer for you, but I also have a '71 Std and will be
> > >replacing the seat belts with retractables. I have not thoroughly
> > >researched this yet, but have noticed several suppliers with varying
> > >prices. Any feedback from the group would be helping two (or more) of
> > >us! ;-)

> > >Scott S.

> > Let us know how it turns out. Retractable seat belts are one of the
> > changes I'd like to make to my bug also.

> I ordered fromhttp://www.seatbeltsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=...

I'll post
> how they are after I get them.- Hide quoted text -

The Brand is Beams

They are great. I would recomend them. Installed them, they look
great, retract well and lock up. I would highly recomend them. The
install was pretty simple too.