Best way to remove window tint from rear window w/defroster?

Old November 25th 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech, rec.autos.rod-n-custom
Doc

Default Best way to remove window tint from rear window w/defroster?

To remove tint from plain windows doesn't seem too hard, I find if I
slit the tint in about two or 3 inch strips I can peel the layers with
a razor without too much trouble. However, on the rear window with
defroster lines, what's your favorite way of doing it to avoid
damaging the defroster lines?
Old November 25th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.rod-n-custom
Don Bruder

In article
Doc > wrote:

> To remove tint from plain windows doesn't seem too hard, I find if I
> slit the tint in about two or 3 inch strips I can peel the layers with
> a razor without too much trouble. However, on the rear window with
> defroster lines, what's your favorite way of doing it to avoid
> damaging the defroster lines?

Same drill, but make sure you cut where the lines aren't.

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd> for more info
Old November 25th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.rod-n-custom
philthy[_1_]

once the tint it off you can soak the adhesive with simple green to remove it
wiping with the line carefully

Don Bruder wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Doc > wrote:
>
> > To remove tint from plain windows doesn't seem too hard, I find if I
> > slit the tint in about two or 3 inch strips I can peel the layers with
> > a razor without too much trouble. However, on the rear window with
> > defroster lines, what's your favorite way of doing it to avoid
> > damaging the defroster lines?

> Same drill, but make sure you cut where the lines aren't.
>
> --
> Don Bruder - - If your "From:" address isn't on my whitelist,
> or the subject of the message doesn't contain the exact text "PopperAndShadow"
> somewhere, any message sent to this address will go in the garbage without my
> ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd> for more info

Rear window defogger defroster Pszemol Honda 4 November 13th 07 01:56 PM
honda civic 1998 lx rear windshield window tint removal [email protected] Honda 0 April 1st 07 11:54 PM
rear window defroster don Chrysler 1 April 11th 06 12:14 AM
Rear Window Defroster Troubles Holophote Technology 4 January 21st 05 04:24 AM
Quickest way to remove glue residue from window tint? Crunchy Cookie Honda 10 November 23rd 04 06:42 AM